[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
reini1305

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by reini1305 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:49 am

I've contacted Rich today via the homepage regarding my order (I also remembered to have ordered the Famicon style shell). He apologized and offered to send me the kit with the DMG shell within the next days. Wohoo! Ordered December 2018.

CStogdill

Post by CStogdill » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Still waiting here.....I just want my money back so I can do something else. I lost interest in this a while ago....

Sevi

Post by Sevi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that to this day I have not received my unit nor the refund he promised me to give me back in March. All my efforts to get in contact with him were ignored. I got pretty much scammed. Here a screenshot of the last message he sent me on March 26th
Attachments
Galaxy GFaming insta.png
Galaxy GFaming insta.png (22.24 KiB) Viewed 407019 times

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:47 am

And good luck too since you can't get the screens any more.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:27 am

I can't believe that this saga is still on going.... 2 years later.

Sevi

Post by Sevi » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:35 am

Spyder wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:47 am
And good luck too since you can't get the screens any more.
I'm not even interested in this thing anymore. Back in March I thought I would get my money back and probably get an RG350 or an GPi Case Instead, stuff that wasn't available back than. 2 years ago I loved the idea of getting a DIY Pi 0 handheld an support a cool project, today I'm just disappointed loosing about 100€

Sevi

Post by Sevi » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Even though nobody will read this, here a last post regarding all this BS.

I have to this day not received a refund or my PocketPi. The GalaxyGaming Website is down and the instagram account was deleted. Very sad, that this was my very first experience buying from some small company in the maker community.

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:40 pm

wermy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:42 am
AntFJ wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 am

Please don't take my comment about moderators personally. The fact is this is happening. On the sudomod forum, in the sudomod classifieds, to sudomod members. At some point the members of this forum need to be protected.
I get what you're saying, and I agree with you. If there were any indication that GG was planning on running off with your money and not making good on their orders, they'd be banned immediately. But that's not the case here, people are getting their orders, it's just taking a lot longer than anticipated. So when you say "At some point the members of this forum need to be protected," I'm not sure what there is I or anyone outside of GG could do in this case.

Again though, I do think they need to do a better job of updating people in this thread. I'll ping GG (Bluup has already done the same, but one more ping can't hurt 😬).
Perhaps next time a video warning or announcement would prevent additional people from getting scammed. I think in the end there were plenty of indications this was going to happen. I've seen it happen in a few forum communities. Although.. in each case, hindsight is always 20/20.

Sevi, I'm very sorry you never got your money back or a pocket fe. I hope it doesn't completely turn you away from the maker scene. There are far more good experiences to be had.