[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
thebonuslevel

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by thebonuslevel » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:18 pm

thebonuslevel wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:13 am
Nozbotoro wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:07 am
Hi All,

Been following the thread for a while. Just wanted to post to say that I have received my order and here are my details regarding it:-

Order number: 1847
Order Date: 4th September 2018
Tier: 1

Agree the communication hasn't been great but the orders are being processed at least. I actually ordered another PocketPi Kit in Tier 2 but they must be processing them in some sort of order rather than batch orders. Hopefully this alleviates some concerns around the orders but I can completely understand the frustration given the original timeframes.

Kit looks absolutely brilliant by the way, really looking forward to building it as soon as I can.

Thanks
I am number 1854, same exact kit as you and I have yet to receive a shipping notification. If they really are going sequentially they are doing so at a unforgivable pace.
Still no notification, response or anything. Nozbotoro is the only one so far to receive a kit, I was a very early backer and only 7 numbers off from them. I knew it was slow going from the jump but I kept faith because I was early and even if it took a while I figured I would be one of the first to get their kits. I mean because even if he was only cutting 2 a day, I should have gotten mine pretty early.

I can't comprehend what is going on here, did he not order the cases and start cutting them at the beginning of the process? Did he not say to himself, "Man, we have all these delays with the boards, I better get what I can done in the mean time and cut these cases." Even if he waited to cut the cases last as I am pointing out here it has been a month since Nozbotoro received their kit, as I stated before this pace is unforgivable. The communication is THE WORST I have ever seen in a community buy.

Seriously, what the f*** Rich? I would support Wermy's "I understand, maybe the post didn't go through" back up and give the benefit of the doubt and all that but he has been terrible about communication has has constantly shifted blame away from his on inability to handle the situation.

I have been supportive and willing to get everyone some slack but holy shit, its been almost a year.
Last edited by LilTrublMakr on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi all,

Update time :), I got 23 kits out this last shipment and those who are receiving them will have emails with the notification.
The CNC router I got set up and Bluup kindly helped me with the plotting code is working really well :) The code for the back of the shell isn’t quite ready yet as it’s a lot more complex so I’m still doing those by hand, but with the front parts being taken care of by the CNC machine this is making things loads faster! The spare boards I put up has also been a huge help towards the postage costs while the paypal is unavailable, so If anyone on here did grab some thank you!

With the CNC machine now going and the postage help from the bare boards I’m hoping to get a lot more out now over the coming weeks / month. Again if anyone does want to speed up getting their kit without the cutting done to the case, drop me a message with your order number and I shall sort that out for you.

I know some have mentioned there aren’t many build pictures, I think it’s because those on the forums make up a subset of the orders and hopefully more of you will receive them and start posting your builds!

Thanks again for the patience

Rich

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:38 pm

Bluup wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:54 pm
In response to Veterans post above, I didn't want to quote it as it's a long post, but I did want to chime in on the PayPal situation. I don't know it fully but I know it is frozen so the money is there, it's safe, it's just inaccessible. I'm not sure if refunds can be issued whilst it's frozen though.

the MONEY is definitely SAFE.....
and Galaxy Gaming will get access to the funds after the freeze/hold has been removed (around 180 days)

there may be specific variations to certain account freezes or holds/limits (depending on the reason for the freeze/hold).....

but in general there are still possibilities to get a refund to a buyer.....

you should be able to contact PayPal and ask them to issue the buyer a refund....
this can be done either by email or telephone.....
(this is in their USER AGREEMENT)

I think the only snag is that its NOT a definite guarantee that a refund will be issues back to the buyer (because of the freeze)....
(its on PayPal discretion, but there's NOTHING stopping people making/lodging a REPORT themselves and requesting the refund)

But at least some effort or communication should be made by Galaxy Gaming for every refund request....
(There’s NO excuse for that)

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:16 pm

This is why I'm frustrated, I placed my order for my kit well before it was up for sale to the general public. My order was shipped late, after other orders went out. At that time Rich was responding to my messages so things were cool. Well, a month passed after I got my shipping notification and I checked on the tracking to find that it was returned in the mail as soon as it was dropped off to be shipped. According to the DPD website a country wasn't on the shipping label so it was returned.

Looking at the website it looks like it never made it back to GG. I followed up with GG twice and didn't get a response. I contacted DPD who told me to contact GG, I followed up with GG. Nada, no response. I then got fed up and asked Konnor to tell Rich to process a refund on May 2nd. No response from Rich. I followed up weekly with Konnor and have not received a response from Rich.

What really makes me upset is seeing others post here about not getting responses on their order inquiries and refund requests. I'm really upset to hear that someone didn't even get their mintyPi battery shipped yet. There was also someone who posted many pages back saying they just ordered a case, no FE kit, and got ghosted.

I get it, Rich does this in his spare time and around his family but so does Wermy, Helder, bluup, and everyone else here who met their commitments. It's been 10 months. What ever backlog there was on cutting cases should have been long resolved by either having the cases cut or offering their customers options.

Nikosaeder

Post by Nikosaeder » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:42 pm

@bluup @galaxygaming

I'm in a panic mode. 180 days are almost over. The money is maybe safe on Richs account, but once the custom protection is over, I have no guarantee to get it back, so it's no longer safe for me.

I ordered 2 kits and I want my kits shipped before my Paypal protection runs out. If you're not able to ship my kits with cutted shells in the next 2-3 days, then send them with uncutted shells and give me a discount on the price I paid or, if you are not able or willing to give a discount, add some extra shells to my kits, so I can practice to cut them myself.

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 am

Nikosaeder wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:42 pm
@bluup @galaxygaming

I'm in a panic mode. 180 days are almost over. The money is maybe safe on Richs account, but once the custom protection is over, I have no guarantee to get it back, so it's no longer safe for me.

I ordered 2 kits and I want my kits shipped before my Paypal protection runs out. If you're not able to ship my kits with cutted shells in the next 2-3 days, then send them with uncutted shells and give me a discount on the price I paid or, if you are not able or willing to give a discount, add some extra shells to my kits, so I can practice to cut them myself.
This is an option we've floated, shipping without cut shells, we've had a few people DM and take us up on that. I've asked Rich about getting one sent next 2-3 days and as you said, either a discount or extra shells. I'll follow up when I find out for you.

trankalinos

Post by trankalinos » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:37 am

Hey @bluup, for some reason I can't send out PMs right now. Is there a way that we can discuss in private? I would like to see what options I have regarding un-cut shells.

EDIT: Thanks to whoever approved my post! Seems like my privileges got restored.

Jo.Ckel

Post by Jo.Ckel » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 am

dryja123 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:16 pm
This is why I'm frustrated, I placed my order for my kit well before it was up for sale to the general public. My order was shipped late, after other orders went out. At that time Rich was responding to my messages so things were cool. Well, a month passed after I got my shipping notification and I checked on the tracking to find that it was returned in the mail as soon as it was dropped off to be shipped. According to the DPD website a country wasn't on the shipping label so it was returned.

Looking at the website it looks like it never made it back to GG. I followed up with GG twice and didn't get a response. I contacted DPD who told me to contact GG, I followed up with GG. Nada, no response. I then got fed up and asked Konnor to tell Rich to process a refund on May 2nd. No response from Rich. I followed up weekly with Konnor and have not received a response from Rich.

What really makes me upset is seeing others post here about not getting responses on their order inquiries and refund requests. I'm really upset to hear that someone didn't even get their mintyPi battery shipped yet. There was also someone who posted many pages back saying they just ordered a case, no FE kit, and got ghosted.

I get it, Rich does this in his spare time and around his family but so does Wermy, Helder, bluup, and everyone else here who met their commitments. It's been 10 months. What ever backlog there was on cutting cases should have been long resolved by either having the cases cut or offering their customers options.

I set my order 17th of December and by end of January some response from Rich via instragram, but thereafter - NADA! :x
My PayPal customer protection will end 17th of June 2019 so I will have no any guarantee anymore to see either my money back or receive my stuff, which I ordered.

I`ve sent the paypal request yesterday to give Rich the possibility for a feedback. I really don't want to request my refunding. The only thing what I want is to get a shipping notification with my stuff without a pre-cutted case until the end of this week. I think that should not be too much to ask for.....

And as said: Many people are doing such stuff & business for fun on the side as their hobby and they are able to answer to requests, as this is just normal if you want to drive such a business.

If you are unable to give even short answers and break down due to the slightest difficulties, this is obviously the wrong hobby for you.

There will be always problems/challenges for us and the whole situation wouldn't have escalated, if Rich would just have sent a small feedback or Update, that everything is still in line, he excuses for the delays but he wasn't aware of that challenges....

@ Rich: Please just understand the people are not frustrating about the delays and the obviously challenging situation for you. This could just happen and if Paypal for what ever reason has frozen your account, you should have contacted them long ago to clarify. Have you ever seen a trouble free way down the road?!?
They are just frustrated because you don't give a damn about their requests for feedbacks and status updates. Myself included.
It would be really really much appreciated if you would just follow up the DM´s from customers who request their Stuff "without" pre-cutted cases.

This would take a lot of workload from you and you can still make your customers happy.

Brgds
:!:

iENA

Post by iENA » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:19 am

[Order # 4294] (May 27, 2019)
This is my order, it doesn't include a PocketPi but like all of you I'm waiting in vain for an answer. Soon I will turn to the authorities since I can't even communicate with him

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:24 am

I've reached out to those who are happy to get a kit without the precut shell, if I've missed anyone, please e-mail me and I'll get you added to the list and we can chat about it. This was an option we've offered but I know Rich is trying his best to get the orders fulfilled so I think the best I can do is to take some of the admin/contact side to help.