[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
galaxygaming

[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by galaxygaming » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:44 am

Hey Folks,

The PocketPi FE Kits we have been working on are up for pre order now. Its a Gameboy Pocket Semi Modular AIO it has the following specs..
  • Fast 320×240 high contrast ratio and high viewing angle 2.6” Screen. The size really helps make text heavy games like Pokemon so much easier to read.
  • i2S Audio. The best audio you can squeeze from the Raspberry Pi. It’s also Stereo mixed into both channels rather than opting for mono only.
  • On-Screen Battery monitoring. See exactly how much time you’ve got left to play with an on screen battery monitor and automatic safe shutdown when the battery gets low.
  • Safe Shutdown. Switching the Pocket to ‘off’ doesn’t just kill the power, it safely shuts it down (This avoids corruption of SD cards that can occur with sudden power cuts. It also comes with a safety button that will cut the power, just in case).
  • Optional Full HDMI out for connection to TV’s & Monitors.
  • Wireless Charging
  • L&R Shoulder Buttons, We have added solder ports should you wish to add back buttons to your build.
You can see some Demos on our Youtube here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCziLIj ... ZV3M1gMuTg

Pics of the PCB and a completed one are attached.

There are a few versions available:
  • £4.50 + Shipping - A bare PCB which you solder all the SMD parts on yourself and make your own case etc..
  • £80 + Shipping - A Kit version which comes with EVERYTHING you need except the PI and Micro SD card.
  • £150 + Shipping - A pre built fully complete PocketPi FE
You can view all the kits and the case options over at https://galaxygaming.co.uk/product-cate ... cketpi-fe/

The BOM is already live for the bare PCB's so you can order all the components you need in advance for when they ship. The user guides and documentation along with the Software Images will all be released either before or on the date the pre orders ship.

Pre orders are running for 2 weeks until around the 9th Sept.
Orders will start shipping around the 23rd or before.

16th FEB UPDATE:
I thought I should update this post for people asking about T1 and T2 Preorders and some communication issues. I do do this a hobby and have a 9 -5 which does take up a lot of time, which whilst not an excuse has contributed to some communication delays, which I apologise for and will endeavour to get back to all out standing emails ASAP. With regards to the T1 and T2 status, I do have a batch of T1 I'm hand assembling while a batch of fully assembled boards are coming from MakerFabs which has enough assembled boards to cover ALL out standing pre orders. Whilst we appreciate this is way later than the T1 and later than the T2 dates given, we decided to ensure quality and speed to get them all made at MakerFabs. So the Round 3 dates are now the dates that will be used for all FE pre orders, which are listed below. As this has added to the delays, we would like to offer anyone who would not like to hold out until the Round 3 shipping dates from Tier 1 and 2 a full refund. Drop me a DM on here, Instagram, or email galaxygaminguk666@gmail.com with your order number and I will happily sort that for you. For those of you who are wishing to wait, we thank you for your patience and look forward to you all getting your pre orders.

In the meantime we will ensure this post is updated with pics of the CNC cutting of the cases and various other processes of the orders assembly for you all.

GG & BL

13th OCT UPDATE:
Just a quick little update on the status of all tiers for you all.
After our supplier had to pull out of supplying our lens for the kits, we turned to a Gorilla glass cutter. Unfortunately they did not have the specifications for the lens so we've been beavering away modelling one.

Test lens on it's way soon. We're now going to ship both Tier one and Tier two together due to having to resource the lens. We are posting updates on my instgram which is https://www.instagram.com/galaxygaminguk/ and my friend Bluup who is part of the project also posts updates on his which is https://www.instagram.com/bluuplabs/ So be sure to keep an eye on there as we will be posting pics of the kits being assembled and sent out, along with dates etc.. So you may actually see your custom one being made! As there are some pretty cool colour combos some poeple have chosen! :D

Thanks again for all your patience.

GG, BL

TIER 1 & 2PRE ORDER UPDATE:
GOOD NEWS!

Tier 1 has now started shipping, Tier 2 will follow soon, we estimate both tiers to all be funny shipping in around 2 and half weeks TOPS! ( the week of Jan 24th Roughly mall should be out)
Thank you so much for your patience and we cant wait for you to get them all! The guides, 3D parts STLS and the software Image will all be going online soon too.

16th FEB UPDATE:
I thought I should update this post for people asking about T1 and T2 Preorders and some communication issues. I do do this a hobby and have a 9 -5 which does take up a lot of time, which whilst not an excuse has contributed to some communication delays, which I apologise for and will endeavour to get back to all out standing emails ASAP. With regards to the T1 and T2 status, I do have a batch of T1 I'm hand assembling while a batch of fully assembled boards are coming from MakerFabs which has enough assembled boards to cover ALL out standing pre orders. Whilst we appreciate this is way later than the T1 and later than the T2 dates given, we decided to ensure quality and speed to get them all made at MakerFabs. So the Round 3 dates are now the dates that will be used for all FE pre orders, which are listed below. As this has added to the delays, we would like to offer anyone who would not like to hold out until the Round 3 shipping dates from Tier 1 and 2 a full refund. Drop me a DM on here, Instagram, or email galaxygaminguk666@gmail.com with your order number and I will happily sort that for you. For those of you who are wishing to wait, we thank you for your patience and look forward to you all getting your pre orders.

In the meantime we will ensure this post is updated with pics of the CNC cutting of the cases and various other processes of the orders assembly for you all.

GG & BL

ROUND 3 NOW OPEN

ROUND 3 PRE ORDER TIMELINE

3rd Dec - 5th Jan - Pre Order Zone: Pre Orders run

10th Jan - Factory Order Zone:  Order sent to factory - WE ARE HERE

1st Feb(ish) - Delivery Zone: Factory Order Boards Arrive

1st Feb(ish) - 15th Feb - Testing Zone: All boards are tested

20th Feb (ish) Final Boss: Orders will be packed and will start shipping

Hope you like them :D

Video Demo's
Wireless Charging

X-Men VS Street Fighter (Arcade Fighter)

Marvel Vs Capcom (Arcade Fighter)

Sonic 3 Intro Stage Demo

Sonic 3 Marble Garden Zone Demo

Super Mario World
Attachments
img2.jpg
img2.jpg (20.1 KiB) Viewed 558267 times
img.jpg
img.jpg (30.19 KiB) Viewed 558267 times
20180826_104227~2.jpg
20180826_104227~2.jpg (302.56 KiB) Viewed 563375 times
20180826_103218~2-1.jpg
20180826_103218~2-1.jpg (231.87 KiB) Viewed 563375 times
20180826_102757~2.jpg
20180826_102757~2.jpg (262.71 KiB) Viewed 563375 times
20180826_102745~2.jpg
20180826_102745~2.jpg (260.13 KiB) Viewed 563375 times
20180826_102155~2.jpg
20180826_102155~2.jpg (435.76 KiB) Viewed 563375 times
20180826_102142~2.jpg
20180826_102142~2.jpg (457.43 KiB) Viewed 563375 times
Last edited by galaxygaming on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Helder » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:02 am

Just so if anyone is weary of this being his first post, he's legit and I worked on this project with them for the LCD and offered my insight on other things for this build. This thing is top notch and the LCD in action is a sight to see.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:26 pm

In for one, can't wait!

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 am

That looks awesome. Really. Are shoulder buttons and a board for them included? And do you really ship including an original case like used in your pictures? In Version 2

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:29 am

Hey dude.

It does indeed! Everything you need in the Kit bar the Pi and a Micro SD 😁 and you can pick your case colours from some set ones or a pick custom ones. The triggers are soft tactiles using GBP buttons, held in by a bracket.

Hope that helps dude. If you want any more info just drop me a message or on here ✌

jellybelly

Post by jellybelly » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 am

I think I might get involved in one of these, been as while since I built anything pi related

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:12 am

Damn that´s nice.

Moonsword

Post by Moonsword » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:14 am

Oh, I am actually torn now.

Do I want to pick up one of these, or a Gaboze..

I like the idea of the bare PCB to give me a project to work on.

Jfenton78

Post by Jfenton78 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Just to clarify, but are all components already soldered to the board? Basically this is "plug and play" with a few modifications to the case if any? Any pics of the internal components soldered in? Thanks.

Jeff

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Hey Jeff,

On the Kit versions they are pre populated yeah. If you are wanting just a board pre soldered up we could probably do that too. You would have to mod the case still, we do offer a case fully cut in the kit, but there will also be guides online should you have a case you want to use one of your own :)

I'm on my phone at the moment and found 2 pics of the prototype soldering for you. You will still need to add a Pi and solder that so there is still some small soldering involved in the kits.

Cheers ✌
Attachments
20180815_224747.jpg
20180815_224747.jpg (3.61 MiB) Viewed 563221 times