[FOR SALE] expanded dmg button pcb (i2c version) [WORLDWIDE]

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
chaosratt

Re: [FOR SALE] expanded dmg button pcb (i2c version) [WORLDWIDE]

Post by chaosratt » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:23 am

username wrote:Does this version make it reasonably easy to forgo the Teensy and connect it directly to the RaspPi without a noticeable decrease in performance? I assume this also means additional programming of the RaspPi but if I can save space I'd be interested in this version over the "common ground dmg button pcb (A/B/X/Y version)". I was hoping to skip the teensy anyway.
This is basically just a 2-wire version of the GPIO method. You'll need to do the GPIO setup steps, plus some to get it hooked into the I2c bus.

rimsky82

Post by rimsky82 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:09 pm

I bought this board, and have managed to get far enough to install the mk_arcade_joystick_rpi driver. However, that particular driver doesn't map all 16 pins, only 12 of them. Installed as is, the DMG's d-pad work as digital buttons, the A and B buttons register as the up/down axis and the select and start buttons don't work. I haven't gotten far enough in the project to hook up the other buttons.

Is anyone using a different driver? I'm using a RasPi 3B. If there are no other drivers to use, I may have to do some editing to the mk driver to get that to work with all 16 inputs. Or I'll go back to the drawing board and hit up Helder since I know him from other forums.

jonlimitless

Post by jonlimitless » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:57 pm

rimsky82 wrote:I bought this board, and have managed to get far enough to install the mk_arcade_joystick_rpi driver. However, that particular driver doesn't map all 16 pins, only 12 of them. Installed as is, the DMG's d-pad work as digital buttons, the A and B buttons register as the up/down axis and the select and start buttons don't work. I haven't gotten far enough in the project to hook up the other buttons.

Is anyone using a different driver? I'm using a RasPi 3B. If there are no other drivers to use, I may have to do some editing to the mk driver to get that to work with all 16 inputs. Or I'll go back to the drawing board and hit up Helder since I know him from other forums.
Hey,

I have one of these but haven't gotten around to working with it in a system so I'm sure someone else can help as for the drivers. I just wanted to not one prong on my way loose and I had to solder it back real lightly. As a side suggestion I would make sure to inspect there is no damage to the MCP23017 and that everything is connected. I believe mine was just from mail being handled rough and slide around a bit but should be noted as a thought before completely redoing all the drivers or anything. Also to note there is some info and faq sections on Kitsch-bench url in the original product discription that might help if no one else responds quickly. :)

Good luck!

Victor Buch

Post by Victor Buch » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:25 am

Hello
I recently purchased the dmg button pcb but not assembled. I was wondering if the i2c was included or not. I cant finde an ic that is the same as you specify on the website.
Thanks

nate325ic

Post by nate325ic » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:03 pm

for those who have bought this board and are looking for drivers i just got my gameboy zero up and running with this board and am using the controlblock drivers set to mame so its recognized as keyboard inputs. has been working with no issues so far
controlblock: http://blog.petrockblock.com/2014/12/29 ... pberry-pi/

ellipticaldoor

Post by ellipticaldoor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:44 am

Please, I bought this board but I don't even know how to connect this to the zero.

I've searched and searched and searched but I really don't have any clue of how to make this working.

I know that this is a DIY but a tutorial is not going to hurt anyone.

Please, can someone make a guide?

ellipticaldoor

Post by ellipticaldoor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:46 am

nate325ic wrote:for those who have bought this board and are looking for drivers i just got my gameboy zero up and running with this board and am using the controlblock drivers set to mame so its recognized as keyboard inputs. has been working with no issues so far
controlblock: http://blog.petrockblock.com/2014/12/29 ... pberry-pi/
Hi nate, how did you accomplished this?

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:30 pm

ellipticaldoor wrote:Please, I bought this board but I don't even know how to connect this to the zero.

I've searched and searched and searched but I really don't have any clue of how to make this working.

If you check the product page on the KB website (linked in the first post) you'll see the labels for the 4 connectors at the top-middle of the board are labeled GND, SDA, SCL and Vin. Connect those the same pins on the rPi (for Vin you can use either 3.3v or 5v.) check a pin diagram for I2C on the rpi but they should be 1 for 3.3v, 2 for 5v 3,5 for SDA and SCL and 6 for gnd. Thats it. Then install the I2C driver and don't forget to wire up L1, L2, R1, R2 if you want them

ellipticaldoor

Post by ellipticaldoor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:16 pm

abrugsch wrote:
ellipticaldoor wrote:Please, I bought this board but I don't even know how to connect this to the zero.

If you check the product page on the KB website (linked in the first post) you'll see the labels for the 4 connectors at the top-middle of the board are labeled GND, SDA, SCL and Vin. Connect those the same pins on the rPi (for Vin you can use either 3.3v or 5v.) check a pin diagram for I2C on the rpi but they should be 1 for 3.3v, 2 for 5v 3,5 for SDA and SCL and 6 for gnd. Thats it. Then install the I2C driver and don't forget to wire up L1, L2, R1, R2 if you want them
Thanks, sorry, I was very tired when I write that message, this gameboy project has a lot of things :roll: