[FOR SALE][Worldwide] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
User avatar
wermy
Site Admin
Posts: 1346
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 619 times
Been thanked: 1322 times
Contact:

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by wermy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 am

benoliver999 wrote:Would anyone be interested if I got a small run of these printed for EU shipping? I reckon I could get them done for £5 a piece, shipped.
Awesome, I was hoping someone would pop up for EU shipping. :)
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
benoliver999
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:23 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by benoliver999 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:31 am

wermy wrote:
benoliver999 wrote:Would anyone be interested if I got a small run of these printed for EU shipping? I reckon I could get them done for £5 a piece, shipped.
Awesome, I was hoping someone would pop up for EU shipping. :)
I am getting one made to see how it turns out, I went for black ABS - I'll post the results. It's cheap to do, and part of the cost is a fixed fee so the more I get in one go, the cheaper they will be per-unit.

Thanks so much for posting the stl Wermy, this is the one part of the build I was nervous about!

User avatar
RazorX
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:32 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by RazorX » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:32 am

benoliver999 wrote:Would anyone be interested if I got a small run of these printed for EU shipping? I reckon I could get them done for £5 a piece, shipped.
i would be interested

User avatar
wermy
Site Admin
Posts: 1346
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 619 times
Been thanked: 1322 times
Contact:

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by wermy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:47 am

benoliver999 wrote:
wermy wrote:
benoliver999 wrote:Would anyone be interested if I got a small run of these printed for EU shipping? I reckon I could get them done for £5 a piece, shipped.
Awesome, I was hoping someone would pop up for EU shipping. :)
I am getting one made to see how it turns out, I went for black ABS - I'll post the results. It's cheap to do, and part of the cost is a fixed fee so the more I get in one go, the cheaper they will be per-unit.

Thanks so much for posting the stl Wermy, this is the one part of the build I was nervous about!
Hey no problem! ABS worked alright for me but I got the feeling it would be a little more prone to the screw holes stripping. Polycarbonate felt much sturdier with repeated screwing/unscrewing. I'm sure ABS will work fine too as long as you're careful. :)

I printed at 100% infill, 0.2mm layer height, 3 top solid layers, 2 bottom, 2 outline shells.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Oxodao
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:35 am
Location: 127.0.0.1
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 30 times
Contact:

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by Oxodao » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:54 am

A friend of mine printed one to me :D
If you dont know anyone take à look at 3dhub.com :)
Thanks wermy
Arduino sketch for the gamepad (Teensy replacement): http://github.com/oxodao/GBZGamepad

User avatar
benoliver999
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:23 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by benoliver999 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:02 am

wermy wrote:
benoliver999 wrote:
wermy wrote:
Awesome, I was hoping someone would pop up for EU shipping. :)
I am getting one made to see how it turns out, I went for black ABS - I'll post the results. It's cheap to do, and part of the cost is a fixed fee so the more I get in one go, the cheaper they will be per-unit.

Thanks so much for posting the stl Wermy, this is the one part of the build I was nervous about!
Hey no problem! ABS worked alright for me but I got the feeling it would be a little more prone to the screw holes stripping. Polycarbonate felt much sturdier with repeated screwing/unscrewing. I'm sure ABS will work fine too as long as you're careful. :)

I printed at 100% infill, 0.2mm layer height, 3 top solid layers, 2 bottom, 2 outline shells.
I added a polycarbonate one to the order, it didn't cost much more - I'll post them both when they arrive and report back.

EDIT - I take it back! No one will take my PC order! I'll wait for the ABS to arrive, assess it then try harder with the PC if ABS sucks.

User avatar
NyaSu
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 11:17 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by NyaSu » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 pm

wermy wrote:I printed at 100% infill, 0.2mm layer height, 3 top solid layers, 2 bottom, 2 outline shells.
Hello,

Can you tell me what's its weight ?

Thanks.

Lanceomni
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:19 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by Lanceomni » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:51 pm

In for one.

User avatar
wermy
Site Admin
Posts: 1346
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 619 times
Been thanked: 1322 times
Contact:

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by wermy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:52 pm

NyaSu wrote:
wermy wrote:I printed at 100% infill, 0.2mm layer height, 3 top solid layers, 2 bottom, 2 outline shells.
Hello,

Can you tell me what's its weight ?

Thanks.
My slicing program says about 3 grams-ish.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Akina86
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:34 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: [FOR SALE] 3D-Printed Screw Brackets

Post by Akina86 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:53 pm

Great minds think alike! i did this too and it works great! i also messed around with control boards using the conductive tape method you used for the additional buttons, but eventually bought a kitch board.
IMG_1686.JPG
IMG_1686.JPG (87.6 KiB) Viewed 4188 times
IMG_1675.JPG
IMG_1675.JPG (135.5 KiB) Viewed 4188 times

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest