[Resolved] Circuit Shield blank white screen

Manicben

[Resolved] Circuit Shield blank white screen

Post by Manicben » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:57 am

Hey all, new to the forums and to retromodding/Pi-based console building.

Last night I started going through the setup steps for the Circuit Shield. I got to the point where the SD card was flashed and set to the tester mode, plugged in along with the CM3 Lite and LCD, however when the power is turned on, I am greeted with a blank white screen.
IMG_20200718_230129.jpg
IMG_20200718_230129.jpg (5.95 MiB) Viewed 1606 times

The status LEDs still come on (then turn off after a while, with the middle green one occasionally blinking), so hopefully I didn't short anything with my fingers while putting everything together.

I've tried another SD card with Raspian flashed in case it was an SD or image issue, but to no avail. I also have no way of telling whether the CM3 is OK (never used one before so don't know what to look for). It could very well be that the screen itself is at fault.

I'd appreciate some help in debugging the issue. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've sent Kite an email directly in case he doesn't see this. I'll report back here when I get a response and keep this thread updated in case anyone else has the same issue.

Edit 2: Turns out my CM3 was not fully seated. You can tell by seeing whether the gold pins are still visible or not once the CM3 is fully seated and locked down. If not, when inserting the CM3 at a 45 degree angle, ensure you push it a little further (mine made a little click) before locking it down. If done right, locking it down should require a little bit of force, but lock into place cleanly. If not fully seated then locking it down will be easy, but locking it into place with be difficult as it won't be fully aligned.