Circuit Sword LCD is purple

th3buhbuh

Circuit Sword LCD is purple

Post by th3buhbuh » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:40 pm

Note: I've reached out to Kite via email, but wanted to post a topic just to document in case anyone else has the issue.

Started to throw my first build together yesterday - seems like a super nice board (not that I have much experience in this realm, but...). Everything seems to be working nicely with it except for one minor problem: a purple tint to the screen.

The two photos are from the test mode. Both make the screen look like it's got a reddish/purplish filter over it. I've tried swapping LCDs since I got the new 640 x 480 screen as well and the issue remains.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Booting into the regular frontend shows the same tint.

I saw similar posts mentioning yellow or bluish tints that seemed to be less extreme, but I figured I would follow the steps mentioned.
Gently pressing on the CM3 or the FPC connector results in a little bit of fog (backlight, maybe?). Reseating either of them leads to the same result. There do not seem to be any shorts on the pins of the CM3 slot or the FPC connector (zoomed in on my phone's camera to verify).

----------------------------------
Update #1
Kite asked for additional photos (good lighting / focus) of the CM3 slot and LCD connections (how they were inserted and the backside).
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
It's really annoying to take good close-ups of circuit boards with a cell phone...

----------------------------------
Update #2
Kite asked me to send the main board back to him. Seems there might be some loose pins that aren't readily visible. Gives me time to figure out if I'm printing or CNC-ing a DMG-clone...
Last edited by th3buhbuh on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hivetyrant

Re: Circuit Sword LCD is purple

Post by Hivetyrant » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:52 pm

I have the same problem with a circuit sword lite, though mines green. Have messaged Kite as well, good luck!