Circuit Sword No Sound

Xephmon

Circuit Sword No Sound

Post by Xephmon » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:22 pm

I just completed my new Circuit Sword build and have no audio (speaker or headphones). I have a v1.3D board, using the volume wheel and 640x480 screen. Everything boots up fine and the test mode indicates everything is OK. I tried numerous settings in retro pie and settings files, and even re-downloaded the v1.3.3 image from github and started over just in case.

Using the volume control wheel I get a percentage change from 0-100 percent as I move it up and down. I have checked the mode button option to verify it is not muted and cycled mute on and off with no effect.

I checked the board and speaker and cannot find anything obvious. When I turn it on, I get a small pop like the amp is turning on and I get faint white noise from both the speaker and headphones, but no other sound.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

davomat

Re: Circuit Sword No Sound

Post by davomat » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:59 am

I have exactly the same issue. No in-game sound, but constant static noise on the speaker and louder noise on the earphones. Mine is a Circuit Sword v1.1E and I have two other boards where everything is fine using the same SD card, display and CM3 module.

davomat

Re: Circuit Sword No Sound

Post by davomat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:07 am

I hear static noise on the right channel when powered up even without having the CM3 plugged in. When I power it up with the CM3 plugged in, the noise becomes super loud on both channels 5s after powering up.