Circuit-Sword Buster + updated kernel + DKMS wifi module + Bluetooth

Anthology

Circuit-Sword Buster + updated kernel + DKMS wifi module + Bluetooth

Post by Anthology » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:53 am

Hi Guys,

I've been busy updating the IMG for our Circuit-Sword :ugeek:

I've tested it with in total 13 different emulators. PSP of course is the stretch ;). But some games work well. Quick thing I've found, you need to change the button mapping. For doing this, you need to do the following: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/155 ... else-works

** READ THIS FIRST **
  • I've tested it only on my Circuit-Sword, I know that there are other 'board versions' of the board, so it could be that the Bluetooth does not work for you (I'm not 100% sure of that :| ).
  • Create a backup of your current files.
  • Also, I just put the pieces together ;), all credits go to Kite and the community for creating the DKMS and Bluetooth.
  • Side note, if you run the update.sh script, you fetch the file's from kite's repository.

Updated ROM + kernel + Bluetooth
Like already mentioned, 'not sure if all the Circuit-Sword board versions will work with the Bluetooth'
Everything (should) works out of the box (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14wcYXb ... sp=sharing

Updated ROM + kernel
Everything (should) works out of the box (Wi-Fi)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11NkHY2 ... sp=sharing

DKMS Wi-Fi module (save the Wi-Fi functionality after updating the kernel)
This option is not mandatory. You only need to do this step if you want to update the underlying OS (specific the kernel). Otherwise you will lose the Wi-Fi

Also, you are able to install the Wi-Fi module as an external module, which will load in every time there is a kernel update. Download the 'WIFI-module folder' https://github.com/Antho91/Circuit-Sword
And follow the README, PS this process takes a while (I believe 15 min or so), it looks like your system is 'not responding' but It's still doing its thing :lol:.

Fix audio issue (fixed by @davomat)
If you encounter issues with the audio, run the following.

Code: Select all

apt-get install wget
wget https://github.com/weese/Circuit-Sword/raw/master/sound-module/snd-usb-audio-dkms_0.1_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i snd-usb-audio-dkms_0.1_armhf.deb
Last edited by Anthology on Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZJO

Re: Circuit-Sword Buster + updated kernel + DKMS wifi module + Bluetooth

Post by ZJO » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:20 pm

thanks for sharing

shesaysidontlisten

Post by shesaysidontlisten » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:27 am

Thanks for doing this!

Can this be used for a fresh install? I only ask because there is a separate section for the wifi module and that has me worried that the wifi won't work out of the box (so I'm not sure how I would ssh into the Sword).

ZJO

Post by ZJO » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:11 am

wifi works out of the box – at least with my board version it did...

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:37 pm

shesaysidontlisten wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:27 am
Thanks for doing this!

Can this be used for a fresh install? I only ask because there is a separate section for the wifi module, and that has me worried that the wifi won't work out of the box (so I'm not sure how I would ssh into the Sword).
Yes of course, you can use this for a fresh install :D Wi-Fi works out of the box.

The only issue is that (like with the builds from kite) that you lose the Wi-Fi if you want to update the OS (specific if there is an update for the kernel). So if you run the DKMS module, we will update the current kernel so that the Wi-Fi will survive, even if we update the kernel.

I will update my first post so that it's clear that Wi-Fi will work out of the box, but that the DKMS upgrade is an extra option :ugeek:

shesaysidontlisten

Post by shesaysidontlisten » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Thanks for your work, Anthology! Can't wait to finish my build. When I tried it at first I could not get your build to display on my 640x480 screen (I was on this last pre-order). After some trial and error it turns out your config.txt doesn't include the newer 640x480 section of config.txt like in Kite's most recent build. Once I added that, I was good to go. Just FYI for anyone else with the new 640x480 screen.

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:03 am

Correct :D .

I've build this image with the files from kite. So, on default the 640x screen is disabled and needs to be enabled if you have this screen.

So for instance you want to enabled a joystick, you have to follow the guide from kites github.

hurricane

Post by hurricane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:38 am

How can I use the update.sh script for this? What exactly do I type? Just typing update.sh is not working for me. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:30 am

hurricane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:38 am
How can I use the update.sh script for this? What exactly do I type? Just typing update.sh is not working for me. Sorry if this is a dumb question.
You mean the script from this build or from kites build?

If you are using the kite build you can't update to this image. You need to flash this build to a sd card. And in theory you don't need to do anything with the update.sh script.

hurricane

Post by hurricane » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:55 pm

Anthology wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:30 am
hurricane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:38 am
You mean the script from this build or from kites build?

If you are using the kite build you can't update to this image. You need to flash this build to a sd card. And in theory you don't need to do anything with the update.sh script.
Thanks for replying to me Anthology. OK I got it. I got confused where it talked about it further up in the thread. I burned the image with the bluetooth to an sd card, changed the settings for the 640 x 480 screen, and everything is working perfect. Thanks for doing this Anthology. I really appreciate the bluetooth connectivity in order to play multiplayer. Thanks agiain.