Circuit-Sword Buster + updated kernel + DKMS wifi module + Bluetooth

Anthology

Re: Circuit-Sword Buster + updated kernel + DKMS wifi module + Bluetooth

Post by Anthology » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Thanks for replying to me Anthology. OK I got it. I got confused where it talked about it further up in the thread. I burned the image with the bluetooth to an sd card, changed the settings for the 640 x 480 screen, and everything is working perfect. Thanks for doing this Anthology. I really appreciate the bluetooth connectivity in order to play multiplayer. Thanks agiain.
Enjoy :D

hurricane

Post by hurricane » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:49 pm

So unfortunately I do have a problem. The volume seems to be at max and I cannot adjust it. When I press the mode button in and increase or decrease the volume with the d-pad, it increases or decreases accordingly on the screen menu, but no physical change to the sound. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help?

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:24 am

hurricane wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:49 pm
So unfortunately I do have a problem. The volume seems to be at max and I cannot adjust it. When I press the mode button in and increase or decrease the volume with the d-pad, it increases or decreases accordingly on the screen menu, but no physical change to the sound. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help?
I'll look into it if I have time. This month and next month are very busy months 🙃

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:19 pm

hurricane wrote:
Quick update, I've tested it but sadly I can't reproduce the issue.

Which img did you used? Also do you have this issue on all the emulators?

hurricane

Post by hurricane » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:10 pm

Anthology wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:19 pm
hurricane wrote:
Quick update, I've tested it but sadly I can't reproduce the issue.

Which img did you used? Also do you have this issue on all the emulators?
I used the "Updated ROM + kernel + Bluetooth image" and the issue is on all emulators. I don't know if this helps or not, but I have the very first model of Kite's Circuit Sword. Thanks.

UPDATE: I tried the "Updated ROM + kernel" image and unfortunately I received the same result................ :cry:

UPDATE #2: In the audio section of Raspi-config it says, "no audio devices found."

rogerimp

Post by rogerimp » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:48 pm

Amazing work, thank you so so much @Anthology!

I'm so hyped that I'm finally on bleeding edge Retroarch and cores. This was a long time coming. I appreciate your work on this!!!

[Edit: adding details] I'm on a Circuit Sword CM3. wifi, mode button, all leonardo buttons, batt sensing, OSD, speaker, vol/bright control, safe shutdown, everything I need seems to be working without a hitch.

SPNX700

Post by SPNX700 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:56 am

I can confirm that this approach also works for the circuit shield, specifically installing the Wi-Fi module as an external module via deb-install.

Robochris

Post by Robochris » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:25 pm

SPNX700 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:56 am
I can confirm that this approach also works for the circuit shield, specifically installing the Wi-Fi module as an external module via deb-install.
Do you mean the img? I tried but can’t get it to boot. Kites img is working but is a bit outdated. Just looking to update.

Madblaster6

Post by Madblaster6 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:59 pm

Is anyone having difficulty getting the HDMI to work? I just get an image of colors. Was working on the official build. Also the volume is loud at 1%, anyway to lower it?

SPNX700

Post by SPNX700 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:30 am

Robochris wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:25 pm
SPNX700 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:56 am
Do you mean the img? I tried but can’t get it to boot. Kites img is working but is a bit outdated. Just looking to update.
Sorry for the late reply...
No, you cannot use the image from Anthology's original post. You use kite's original image. After the first boot, you put the file rtl8723bs-dkms_4.14_all.deb from https://github.com/Antho91/Circuit-Swor ... ifi-module into /home/pi/ on your sd card. Via SSH or the terminal on your shield (press F4) you install the deb-file via the command "dpkg -i rtl8723bs-dkms_4.14_all.deb".
After rebooting you will keep WiFi capabilities even if you update the OS.