Re: Circuit-Sword Buster + updated kernel + DKMS wifi module + Bluetooth

Post by Anthology » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:41 am

SPNX700 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:30 am
Robochris wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:25 pm
SPNX700 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:56 am
I can confirm that this approach also works for the circuit shield, specifically installing the Wi-Fi module as an external module via deb-install.
Do you mean the img? I tried but can’t get it to boot. Kites img is working but is a bit outdated. Just looking to update.
Sorry for the late reply...
No, you cannot use the image from Anthology's original post. You use kite's original image. After the first boot, you put the file rtl8723bs-dkms_4.14_all.deb from https://github.com/Antho91/Circuit-Swor ... ifi-module into /home/pi/ on your sd card. Via SSH or the terminal on your shield (press F4) you install the deb-file via the command "dpkg -i rtl8723bs-dkms_4.14_all.deb".
After rebooting you will keep WiFi capabilities even if you update the OS.
Jup thats true, that is also a way of doing it. But if you don't want to do that (and don't want to update the system without installing the rtl8723bs-dkms files). You could also use my updated rom :)

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:42 am

Madblaster6 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:59 pm
Is anyone having difficulty getting the HDMI to work? I just get an image of colors. Was working on the official build. Also, the volume is loud at 1%, anyway to lower it?
I had the same before Christmas, but haven't had any time looking into it (house renovations taking up a lot of time :cry: )

Madblaster6

Post by Madblaster6 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:00 pm

Anthology wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:42 am
Madblaster6 wrote:
Is anyone having difficulty getting the HDMI to work? I just get an image of colors. Was working on the official build. Also, the volume is loud at 1%, anyway to lower it?
I had the same before Christmas, but haven't had any time looking into it (house renovations taking up a lot of time :cry: )
Thank you! I'm going to reimage today see if it fixes it.

Robochris

Post by Robochris » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:26 am

Anthology wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:41 am
SPNX700 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:30 am
Robochris wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:25 pm

Do you mean the img? I tried but can’t get it to boot. Kites img is working but is a bit outdated. Just looking to update.
Sorry for the late reply...
No, you cannot use the image from Anthology's original post. You use kite's original image. After the first boot, you put the file rtl8723bs-dkms_4.14_all.deb from https://github.com/Antho91/Circuit-Swor ... ifi-module into /home/pi/ on your sd card. Via SSH or the terminal on your shield (press F4) you install the deb-file via the command "dpkg -i rtl8723bs-dkms_4.14_all.deb".
After rebooting you will keep WiFi capabilities even if you update the OS.
Jup thats true, that is also a way of doing it. But if you don't want to do that (and don't want to update the system without installing the rtl8723bs-dkms files). You could also use my updated rom :)

Wait, I’m confused or just overthinking this. I just want the latest buster img running on the shield. Is that what we’re doing here?

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:47 pm

Robochris wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:26 am

Wait, I’m confused or just overthinking this. I just want the latest buster img running on the shield. Is that what we’re doing here?
Sorry if my comment was unclear :|. I was trying to say that if you want to update (D.I.Y style yourself) with the (old) image from kite, that you can do that that by installing the .deb file I mentioned in this thread (first post).

And if you just want to have the latest OS with retropie, but don't want to use the update function ( of the underlying OS) that you also can install the img I've created. :ugeek:

Robochris

Post by Robochris » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:50 pm

Anthology wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:47 pm

And if you just want to have the latest OS with retropie, but don't want to use the update function ( of the underlying OS) that you also can install the img I've created. :ugeek:
Do you have a link to said img? I just see the img for the sword, not the shield.

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:27 pm

In theory, this should also work for the shield.

If you want, you could try it out. Otherwise I'll create a new thread for the shield with it's own builded img.

Anthology

Post by Anthology » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:54 am

Madblaster6 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:00 pm
Anthology wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:42 am
Madblaster6 wrote:
Thank you! I'm going to reimage today see if it fixes it.
I just tested the hdmi feature and it works for me (with the image I provided in this thread )😀.

Like stated before I don't have much spare time 😉, that's why it took a while to answer.

Madblaster6

Post by Madblaster6 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:39 pm

Anthology wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:54 am

I just tested the hdmi feature and it works for me (with the image I provided in this thread )😀.

Like stated before I don't have much spare time 😉, that's why it took a while to answer.
No problem. After reflashing it's working but only when you boot to HDMI, it doesn't mirror the screen like the official build does. It's not a deal breaker or anything, would just love the option.

TERRA Operative

Post by TERRA Operative » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:34 am

hurricane wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:10 pm
Anthology wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:19 pm
hurricane wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:49 pm
So unfortunately I do have a problem. The volume seems to be at max and I cannot adjust it. When I press the mode button in and increase or decrease the volume with the d-pad, it increases or decreases accordingly on the screen menu, but no physical change to the sound. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help?
Quick update, I've tested it but sadly I can't reproduce the issue.

Which img did you used? Also do you have this issue on all the emulators?
I used the "Updated ROM + kernel + Bluetooth image" and the issue is on all emulators. I don't know if this helps or not, but I have the very first model of Kite's Circuit Sword. Thanks.

UPDATE: I tried the "Updated ROM + kernel" image and unfortunately I received the same result................ :cry:

UPDATE #2: In the audio section of Raspi-config it says, "no audio devices found."
I have the same problem. Everything works except for this one thing.
I've reimaged with "Updated ROM + kernel + Bluetooth image", updated everything, set the HUD settings, reprogrammed the microcontroller, etc etc.
When I rotate the analogue volume control, the on screen display works, but the volume doesn't change.

Does anyone know the magic command to get the volume working?