Kites circuit sword: psp joystick question

Zmoneyrecords

Re: Kites circuit sword: psp joystick question

Post by Zmoneyrecords » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Yea that's what I also ended up doing and it's been working great everything fits so perfectly. This gameboy is so amazing I've spent all of my free time playing it lately it's basically my n64 to take on the go since that's what I've been playing the most lol. And surprisingly most games play really nicely the only games I've run into a problem with is goldeneye and certain times during Pokémon snap (at the end when it's tallying up your points) otherwise even else plays smooth with the occasion few second buffer if there's excessive animation on the screen. Sorry I went off topic a bit but I figured if someone building one with a joystick was wondering what the playability was like it'd be good to know.

Also, back to topic a bit, I have noticed my joystick doesn't work to well when going downward. It registers but I have to go down very forcefully at times and in game they character will walk slowly when they're supposed to be running. I tried recalabrating multiple times and checked my soldering and it's all good. I chalked it up to a defective joystick and order a few others to replace it but if there's possibly another reason anyone may know of I'd appreciate the info. The solution I have at the moment is I configured the joystick as joystick 2 instead and configured the d-pad (what the C buttons would be used for when switched using the mode button) as joystick 1 so that way I only use the joystick for the C buttons and my d-pad to walk around and such. Sorry for the essay hopefully it may help at least one person. And also thanks again to those who helped.

d4vid4f

Post by d4vid4f » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Hey Guys,

Figured I would post here rather than open a new thread. I got my Joystick hooked up and calibrated.

But when I went to try it out in game the controls are inverted. I read through the wiki but I have a few questions.

I dont want to brick my board poking around with the arduino code.

First issue when I plugged it into the computer after adjusting the switches the computer doesn't recognize the board, just comes up as a unknown device. (I am on windows 7) I switched the "HUB-PASSTHRU" and "PROG-EN" on only.

Second issue maybe not an issue but rather my miss understanding. It says to download the source code? but whenever I click on the CS_FIRMWARE.ino it just brings me to page of code? I cant seem to download the .ino file?

If my understanding is correct I should be able to download the code open it to with the arduino program and just run the code and upload it? Similar to what I did with the Teensy?

But I cannot download the .ino file or get my computer to recognize the board.

Last question, do I need to modify the code to invert the axis on the joystick? or is the code linked in the joystick page already updated ? Both the x an y axis are inverted.

Sorry for wall of text and dumb questions I just rather be cautious than ruin my circuit sword. I am very new to the arduino and coding in such, still have lots to learn.
Always be Humble...

kite

Re:

Post by kite » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 am

Easiest way to download is to go to the code root and click 'clone or download' and then download zip, here is the link: https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... master.zip

Yes you need to upload code to change axis.. in future I hope to do away with this!

With it not being recognized, try plugging it through a USB hub of your own: https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... own-device
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:48 am

my followup question is.
anyone know where to find a 3d printed bracket for the second joystick?
cause I feel I wana go dual stick on my build.
but I dont have the one for the second stick

Zmoneyrecords

Post by Zmoneyrecords » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:56 am

Sasherz wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:48 am
my followup question is.
I recently saw someone post about making one and I think gave the stl files. Use the search and look around on here for it

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 pm

Zmoneyrecords wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:56 am
Sasherz wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:48 am
my followup question is.
I recently saw someone post about making one and I think gave the stl files. Use the search and look around on here for it
here ya go!
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5424

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 am

Having not used a joystick on a build before, specifically the PSP one...what size hole is recommend for drilling? I could probably make an educated guess but wondered what everyone else was drilling? 👍🏻

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:33 am

It is just a little over 9mm. 10mm works okay but if you're hole is off center the cap won't cover it all the way.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:44 am

Lphillimore wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 am
Having not used a joystick on a build before, specifically the PSP one...what size hole is recommend for drilling? I could probably make an educated guess but wondered what everyone else was drilling? 👍🏻
10mm will work well. You can also use this 3ds cap on your PSP joystick. It will more than cover the hole in case you missed alignment and feels much nicer than the OEM cap.

https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... 000#p58123