Kite Circuit Sword: Low Volume

mr.fixit1

Kite Circuit Sword: Low Volume

Post by mr.fixit1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:31 am

I want to start first by saying what a great board this is and a big thanks to Kite for this project and the great Wiki. I was able to troubleshoot just about everything from the Wiki from inverting the joystick to no volume control using the mode button it was very easy to follow and got those problems solved. The one question I do have is the volume output seems to be a lot lower than the SAIO board I got from kite, is this normal or is there some settings I am missing? I have checked in the gui of emulation station and it is set all the way up and also in the retropie settings. The mode plus d pad up and down does change the volume it just doesn't seems to go that loud, it does sound good and has no distortion or anything just not very loud.

Thanks

kite

Re: Kite Circuit Sword: Low Volume

Post by kite » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:00 am

The amp isn't as loud compared on the CSO. I assume you have the same speaker in both cases as the choice of speaker can make a difference.
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

mr.fixit1

Post by mr.fixit1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 am

kite wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:00 am
The amp isn't as loud compared on the CSO. I assume you have the same speaker in both cases as the choice of speaker can make a difference.
Oh ok I was just wondering, I used the speaker that was provided with the kit for the circuit sword, for the CSO I used an original game boy speaker I didn't think to look at what resistance the speakers are I know that makes a difference too. Thanks, awesome boards by the way.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:27 pm

FYI I just did one with a VECO and it was nice and loud.

EveningNewbs

Post by EveningNewbs » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:17 pm

I noticed my speaker was a little quiet too. I have an original DMG speaker. Would that be better than the one included in the kit?