wifi no networks listed

lowellbert

wifi no networks listed

Post by lowellbert » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi all, Just got my circuit sword assembled inside of a GB original and having some Wifi issues.

When I first got things connected, I was able to get see my Wifi network and had no issues.

Now I tried again I am in a different location, so different networks. but now I see no networks at all. just a 0?

I noticed the troubleshooting FAQ about covering up the wifi chip with some tape, now have done that. But still no networks, also tried with the back and front separated and getting no networks listed. Hope I didn't short anything in the chip. :(

A few things I have already tried.

-Changed localization of Wifi to Canada
-I have 2.4GHz and 5GHz network
I am pretty sure I followed the steps correctly, to get the log file didn't see any recent dates, so not sure.
Log File

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sygyzy

Re: wifi no networks listed

Post by sygyzy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 pm

Do you have a wifi icon with an exclamation mark over it? And when you try to choose a network, you have just two options: empty (0), and "Hidden ESSID"?

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:46 am

Maybe this will not solve your problem but it is one hint in the right direction:

I wanted to use WIFI again on my Gameboy after several month and totally forgot my installed feature: wifi on / off via Retropie setup. (struggled hours around it to get wifi working again and what I saw where similar as you described.

On my Retropie image there is a feature to software enable wifi and bluetooth. I think I copied this from the minty pi image...

Anyway: Inside of Retropie Settings, maybe you see a enable / disable wireless... Thus: switch this on...

lowellbert

Post by lowellbert » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:36 am

sygyzy wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 pm
Do you have a wifi icon with an exclamation mark over it? And when you try to choose a network, you have just two options: empty (0), and "Hidden ESSID"?
Yes!

that's exactly what I got!

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Do you always have that behavior or does it sometimes have an X over the wifi icon? Can you try opening it up and booting up with the halves separated?

lowellbert

Post by lowellbert » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:18 pm

sygyzy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:53 pm
Do you always have that behavior or does it sometimes have an X over the wifi icon? Can you try opening it up and booting up with the halves separated?
Always has that behavior together or seperated, haven't seen an X, just an !

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:18 pm

I am seeing the issue. I decided to bypass internal wifi by buying a Raspberry Pi compatible dongle. It arrived today but still has the same behavior. No wifi networks listed.

lowellbert

Post by lowellbert » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:38 pm

I now have an "X" sometimes. Still no wifi networks. have you made any luck sygyzy?

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:24 pm

None whatsoever. I have tried connecting a usb wifi dongle to a powered usb hub an sometimes this helps me see more AP's (besides 0 and Wiki), but I can never connect to my access point. I also tried a wpa_supplicant file and a wifikeyfile.txt and neither worked.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 am

Woep Woep. I have the same problem no Wifi listed. End it was working befor.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........