Plex on Kite's CSO?

Nicode70

Plex on Kite's CSO?

Post by Nicode70 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:30 am

Hi all,

It seems that it is possible to have KODI running on an GBZ. I'm really not familiar with the software part of the built for the moment. But is it possible to have Plex running on it as well?

So it is technically possible to do it.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=120700

BUT, the CSO having a custom built of rasplex, i don't want to mess it up.
https://instagram.com/nicoGBPi
Nintendo ID: 0954-8664-4922

McGyver

Re: Plex on Kite's CSO?

Post by McGyver » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:04 am

At least, if you do not want to mess up something you could install a dual boot system (BerryBoot). There, in the second system you could mess whatever you want. And by the way: I can only talk for KODI but it should run well on the CSO since still the much slower Raspberry Zero can handle KODI which I tested.

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:37 am

I am confused - what are you asking exactly? Are you asking if you can run Kodi on the CSO? And you are claiming that Kite created some sort of custom version of Rasplex for it? This is the first I've heard of this. Why would Kite go through the trouble to do that? If you want to install Kodi, then install Kodi.

Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:37 am

Sorry if my question was confusing.

yes the idea was to know if koi/plex could work on a CSO without disrupting the main use (ie gaming) too much. i now realize that it is a silly idea.

I made a mistake in the original post concerning kite custom version of rasplex. what i should have say is: "kite has created a specific install image for Retropie on the CSO". ii should proof read, sorry about that.
https://instagram.com/nicoGBPi
Nintendo ID: 0954-8664-4922

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:51 pm

I don't see any reason why you couldn't install Kodi - available in the packages menu, or Plex - probably some package you can install. What I would do is use the latest image for the CSO and before you copy over any roms or bios files or do any tweaks, just go ahead and install Kodi and Plex. That way if something goes wrong, you can just flash the stock image again in minutes.

goodBEan

Post by goodBEan » Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

I was thinking of messing around with adding apps and other stuff to my CSO. From what I seen on a rpi3 and retro pie it was pertty easy to add more applications like kodi. Its possible.