USB devices not being recognized

edd247

USB devices not being recognized

Post by edd247 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 am

I am having a problem with the full size USB-A port on the back board of my circuit sword. It is no longer recognizing any of my usb devices. It was working fine before, as I was able to enter my wifi password and transfer some roms. Now it won't respond to keyboard button presses and when I plug in a flash drive, the activity light blinks once when I first plug it in, but then there is no activity. I have run tester mode and everything checks out OK. All other functions seem to be normal. The only thing I have changed recently is adding a psp joystick. After calibrating it, the volume up/down function stopped working, so I updated the circuit sword as shown in these steps:
https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... ork-at-all
I have tried a clean flash of the sd card and the usb port still does not work. I also opened up the case and removed the boards to make sure there are no shorts. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this and what I can do?

sygyzy

Re: USB devices not being recognized

Post by sygyzy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi, please try connecting your components to a USB powered hub and report back.

edd247

Re: USB devices not being recognized

Post by edd247 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm

I don't have I hub, but I will buy one to test. It's just odd that it was working before but not now.