Reicast sound on Circuit Sword CM3

EriolGaurhoth

Reicast sound on Circuit Sword CM3

Post by EriolGaurhoth » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:22 am

I've been having difficulty getting sound to work for reicast on the Circuit Sword. Sound works perfectly fine for all the other emulators I've tried (retroarch cores for PSX, SNES, NES, Genesis, and mupen64 for N64) both through my speaker as well as the audio jack, but no such luck for reicast.

There have been sound issues before with reicast, and a lot of them have been resolved by switching the default emulator in the config to "reicast-audio-oss" instead of "reicast-audio-omx" and vice-versa, though neither of these options have fixed the issue for me. The only thing oss does is speed up the gameplay but still provides no audio.

I do apologize if this is outside the scope of support specifically for the Circuit Sword and CM3 since it is an issue that might be more specific to the reicast code, but seeing as how others have been able to fix the issue running it on a normal Pi 3 by changing the oss/omx config, I'm wondering if there's some specific dependency or configuration with the audio code of the Circuit Sword that might be causing this. If anyone else has had this problem and knows of a fix, help would be appreciated!

edd247

Re: Reicast sound on Circuit Sword CM3

Post by edd247 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Not sure if you got yours working, but I was able to get sound working using the instructions on this post:
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/post/59837

EriolGaurhoth

Re: Reicast sound on Circuit Sword CM3

Post by EriolGaurhoth » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:53 am

edd247 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:17 pm
Not sure if you got yours working, but I was able to get sound working using the instructions on this post:
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/post/59837
That did the trick, thanks for the help!