Circuit sword charging issue

peteboz

Circuit sword charging issue

Post by peteboz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi,

I already sent an email to Kite, but thought I’d repeat my issue here as well:

Just received my circuit sword, but having trouble with the charging function. Was going through the Basic sanity checks: The PG red LED lights up fine when connected to USB and pressing and holding the power button - all LEDs light up fine. When plugging in a battery, only the PG LED is lit and the blue CHRG only blinks once. I’ve tried several batteries that are known to be discharged, but the blue light only blinks once.

To be completely honest, I did try and “line-up” the battery connector to see the orientation of the Red/Black wires, with a “bad battery” as per the polarity warning. (I know stupid...) I don’t believe that I actually inserted it to make contact, but who knows. I did switch the polarity on the battery because it was incorrect when I received it and then I fully plugged it in and the symptoms above were present.

Is there anything else I can do to debug/test this? If it is broken, is it possible to fix myself (I do have soldering experience, perhaps not SMD though…)

Thanks

zooyork11

Re: Circuit sword charging issue

Post by zooyork11 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Any luck with this? I am having same issue- bought a new battery with red going into + and booted fine first time, now just blinks the power LED for a few seconds, then solid, then blinks and can't seem to get anything to turn on, but it will sort of all blink then off again.