Need help re: Circuit Sword RetroPie Image

SeveredinTwain

Need help re: Circuit Sword RetroPie Image

Post by SeveredinTwain » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:55 am

I hope I am putting this in the right place, I'm kind of new to this and still figuring things out. I am just curious if there is a way to take Circuit Sword Pre Made RetroPie image and add it to another custom pre-made image so that I can make that image bootable on my circuit sword build. I like all of the settings and extras that are included in the latter image and would much rather use that one but I can't get it to boot in my circuit sword. What would be the easiest way to stitch these two images together? Any suggestion provided would be most welcome.

johnny5alive

Re: Need help re: Circuit Sword RetroPie Image

Post by johnny5alive » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Without knowing what settings you would like to transfer from the latter image, it would be hard to advise on the best method to add those settings to the CS Retropie image.

After flashing your image to an SD card, I will usually put files on the card (SSH and wifi config) that will auto-add to the image when it boots for the first time. My suggestion would be to identify what customization you like in the second image and then find or create a python script that could be run on the Circuit Sword to mirror those preferences.

I do not know of a tool that can fuse together two images, but that would be pretty cool!