USB power issues?

javi.124

Re: USB power issues?

Post by javi.124 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:41 am

Kite:

All trouble I described was with clean-imaged SD card with Kernel 4.14.30 (so not old at all).
USB started working after updatig by sript to the version you published last week. It does not make much sense to me that the update was the fix...

I want to test around a bit more on the WiFi issue before I resort to sending you the board.
McGyver: the behavior you describe with power cycles, etc. is exactly what I experience.

Kite:

the function-key I miss is "F4". Is there a key-combination to send it from your virtual keyboard?

PS: looking forward to reserving another board from your next batch (and looking forward if your current research on Bluetooth works!)

Man, many thanks. I have to use that web to pay you a coffe/beer :-)

kite

Re: USB power issues?

Post by kite » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:29 am

javi.124 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:41 am
Kite:

All trouble I described was with clean-imaged SD card with Kernel 4.14.30 (so not old at all).
USB started working after updatig by sript to the version you published last week. It does not make much sense to me that the update was the fix...

I want to test around a bit more on the WiFi issue before I resort to sending you the board.
McGyver: the behavior you describe with power cycles, etc. is exactly what I experience.

Kite:

the function-key I miss is "F4". Is there a key-combination to send it from your virtual keyboard?

PS: looking forward to reserving another board from your next batch (and looking forward if your current research on Bluetooth works!)

Man, many thanks. I have to use that web to pay you a coffe/beer :-)
Ok please do, happy to sort anything out just email me directly when you're ready and we'll go from there :)

Cool, I'll look in to adding this. Assuming to exit ES? I'm sure you already know but you can do START and the EXIT ES and then EXIT (worded something like that) and that will drop you back to shell. I originally planned for symbols and stuff but instead made the keyboard shorter! It's not going to happen instantly but i'll look to get more keys added as I know there are a few ones missing!

And thank you so much, I really appreciate it and it really helps me out :) you're far too kind I do all this for fun :D