Yep! No need to patch the code -- just change the fb mode before/after running pcsx-rearmed. Although, this doesn't fix the controller HAT problem .
BTW, I saw you submitted a pull request against notaz's libpicofe to add support for gamepad HATs . Thanks for doing that! I used it for my SAIO build . For what it's worth, your joymap solution was pretty clever! I used joymap extensively to get random DosBox and C64 games running (being able to program button macros and arbitrary input logic is a killer feature. I just wish some of the bugs between versions were worked out and more people would use it).
 For those that haven't tried using pcsx-rearmed with Kite's SAIO -- not lr-pcsx-rearmed, which is slow, but the faster, non-Libretro original code by notaz -- you'll find that the d-pad doesn't work. This is because the Arduino USB gamepad in the SAIO identifies as a HAT device, which pcsx-rearmed doesn't seem to support at the moment.
 I re-compiled pcsx-rearmed using the libpicofe HAT patch (specifically, I added the changes to frontend/libpicofe/in_sdl.c). Here's the corresponding config values for /opt/retropie/emulators/pcsx-rearmed/.pcsx/pcsx.cfg, which you'll need to modify using a keyboard or by SSH'ing into your device:
Code: Select all
binddev = sdl:Arduino LLC Arduino Leonardo bind \xA5 = Enter Menu bind \xA0 = player1 CIRCLE bind \xA1 = player1 CROSS bind \xA2 = player1 SQUARE bind \xA3 = player1 TRIANGLE bind \xA4 = player1 START bind \xA7 = player1 L1 bind \xA9 = player1 R1 bind up = player1 UP bind down = player1 DOWN bind right = player1 RIGHT bind left = player1 LEFT