Unofficial / Official Circuit Sword Case Mod Guide

devsfan1830

Re: Unofficial / Official Circuit Sword Case Mod Guide

Post by devsfan1830 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:20 pm

Hey saw this post with the 3d printable templates. I'm about to transfer an old Game Boy Zero with Kites last revision of his SAIO to a new shell and was wondering if you knew or can reasonably think that those cutting templates would work for that as well? Side by side it SEEMS like the SAIO and Circuit Sword have identical cutout locations. The only major difference being micro USB vs USB C. My SAIO revision has the SMD LEDS he seems to have used on the Sword in roughly the same spot.

gambino37

Post by gambino37 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:23 pm

I have never built a SAIO. Gonna have to just compare and see.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:37 pm

gambino37 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:23 pm
I have never built a SAIO. Gonna have to just compare and see.
Yeah sorry I kinda just realized that the second I posted the question. Pretty easy to just print off the parts and stick them on the old case. Seems like if anything the USB C cut is shallower. So the template would give me a great starting slot and I can sneak up on the rest with a file. Being that my old shell is clear I can even eyeball and see if the LED template would like up. They way you did the screen cutout. Genius. Ordered those carving bits. I got EXTREMELY lucky when I hand cut my screen hole. In the intervening years I've acquired more skill and better tools.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:13 pm

Finally got around to printing the usb and led templates. They look pretty damn spot on. USB cut out is as shallow on the SAIO as the sword. Its wider on my case but i may have just overdone it. LED template holes are only just a HAIR off. Possible the Sword spaced them out differently but frankly its close enough to still see the leds. Thanks again for making these. My new case should end up WAY cleaner because of your work.