[RESOLVED]Help Writing Kites Software to SD Card Please!

GrainBoy

[RESOLVED]Help Writing Kites Software to SD Card Please!

Post by GrainBoy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Hey Guys. I just received Kites new board and yea, I jumped into the deep end as this will be my first Pi build ever. Im fairly tech savvy so I assumed I could figure out how to write the software with minimal tips and guides but im running into issues already.

Using:
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (MacBook pro)
balenaEtcher (Image Burner)

-Downloaded all 3 available *Circuit Sword Software* downloads from Kites "How to set up the Circuit Sword" guide.
-Booted Etcher up. Tried to select kites Circuit-Sword-Software-v1.3.2.zip, but im getting an Error: "Unsupported Decompression method: 9" from Etcher???
Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 1.57.39 PM.png
Error from Etcher
Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 1.57.39 PM.png (68.58 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
Im not even sure if I should be selecting the entire .zip or a specific file within one of the 3 available *Circuit Sword Software* downloads from Kite's "How to set up the Circuit Sword" page.

Any kind of simple step by step, or troubleshoot on this issue in Etcher would be amazing as im having a really tough time finding any kind of help online about how to flash images using these programs. Apologies in advance for my lack of software knowledge, like I said, this is my first time and I'm dedicated to learning, I just need a little guidance for my first time.

Thanks
Last edited by GrainBoy on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

dav7788

Re: Help Writing Kites Software to SD Card Please!

Post by dav7788 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi, I don't know if you were able to figure it out, but I thought I would write to you just in case. I also had the same problem using a mac and the etcher program. The way I fixed it was by downloading the circuit sword file again. Once I did I got a .img file that I was then able to select on the etcher program.

Best of luck!