All in One PCB Support Thread

Fiirikkusu

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Fiirikkusu » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:01 am

Hi! I've been waiting on a reply, I posted my wired up AIO with the screen and power PCB. I also uploaded a picture of the usb cable wired into the AIO to connect with my PC.
Helder wrote:
Boondoggle wrote:
Helder wrote: Easiest way to test audio is to remove the headphone socket and volume wheel. Connect pot 1 pad to pot 4 pad and pot 2 to pot 3 and connect the speaker negative to the Switch pad and theppositive to either the left or right pad.

Once you set that up you should have sound unless the config.txt is wrong. Post your results after doing this setup.
Image[/url]

Ok. I reconfigured the GB as suggested (please tell me if I've misunderstood) and replaced the config file with one you provided (thanks).

Unfortunately I still get just speaker hiss. It is a bit louder than before.
Be sure you have the speaker wires in the right polarity, and only thing else to check is the power to the AIO. I see you're powering from the Pi itself, can't you power it though the power supply board? Also are you powering the screen from the Pi too?
If you use HDMI to test I'm pretty sure there is no Audio through the speaker or headphones.

Fiirikkusu wrote:Hello,
I purchased a 1.4 AIO board and I can't seem to get it to detect on my pi0. I have tried various ways of connecting it but it doesn't seem to be working. I also tried connecting to my PC via usb cable but it's not even detecting or even prompting me that I connected a usb device. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Are you sure you have it wired properly to the usb cable? post pictures please and you might have to reflow the hub chip or the 12MHz resonator if the hub isn't getting detected. Don't reflow anything yet until the wiring has been confirmed.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Too many quotes in the message I couldn't figure out what or who was asking for what. In your picture I don't see the USB data lines going to the Pi and I don't see how your screen is being powered either. How are you testing the audio? Are you connecting the Pi to an HDMI screen?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Fiirikkusu

Post by Fiirikkusu » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 am

Helder wrote:Too many quotes in the message I couldn't figure out what or who was asking for what. In your picture I don't see the USB data lines going to the Pi and I don't see how your screen is being powered either. How are you testing the audio? Are you connecting the Pi to an HDMI screen?
Sorry about that. So I connected my AIO to my project and I got 'No Gamepad detected'. I did all the solutions in the OP but none worked. I then wired it up to 2 different usb cables to get it to detect on my PC but neither worked. Also, my soldering is amateur at best but the power connections worked with the screen and pi0.
Attachments
20161015_164105.jpg
20161015_164105.jpg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 9079 times
20161014_222604.jpg
20161014_222604.jpg (6.19 MiB) Viewed 9079 times

jsawhite

Post by jsawhite » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Fiirikkusu wrote:
Helder wrote:Too many quotes in the message I couldn't figure out what or who was asking for what. In your picture I don't see the USB data lines going to the Pi and I don't see how your screen is being powered either. How are you testing the audio? Are you connecting the Pi to an HDMI screen?
Sorry about that. So I connected my AIO to my project and I got 'No Gamepad detected'. I did all the solutions in the OP but none worked. I then wired it up to 2 different usb cables to get it to detect on my PC but neither worked. Also, my soldering is amateur at best but the power connections worked with the screen and pi0.
Is it just me or does it look like the fuse is missing on the board in the first picture?? I'd think that'd keep it from working...

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Yep. It's missing in both pictures. :shock: Would help to braid and tin your wires before soldering also.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:34 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:Yep. It's missing in both pictures. :shock: Would help to braid and tin your wires before soldering also.
Great observations! Just simply bridge the pads with some solder and that will resolve the issue.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Grimmjow

Post by Grimmjow » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:59 am

Hi @Helder!

I'm having issues to configure the wifi. I tried with 2 differents usb wifi compatible with Raspberry pi zero.

If I make lsusb I can see the dongle is recognized but when I go to wifi I can't see any ssid, so I tried to put manually in /etc/network/interfaces and didn't work. I tried too in wpa_supplicant, didn't work.

I put ur fixes in cmdline and config, but when I put dwc_otg.speed=1 the keyboard stop working.

I tried with both fixes, max_current_usb=1 and dwc_otg.speed=1 and still not working.
I double checked the solders and are properly attached.

What can I do?

Thanks for your patience.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:10 am

You will likely need a logitech keyboard or one of the other keyboards mentioned on the first post. The usb fix kills some keyboards from working but the wifi will work though but in order to configure it you need a supported keyboard. I can't fix this beyond telling you to get one of the mentioned keyboards.

Grimmjow

Post by Grimmjow » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:35 am

Helder wrote:You will likely need a logitech keyboard or one of the other keyboards mentioned on the first post. The usb fix kills some keyboards from working but the wifi will work though but in order to configure it you need a supported keyboard. I can't fix this beyond telling you to get one of the mentioned keyboards.
I'm using a Apple USB keyboard. The keyboard are working are wireless? I don't have bluetooth dongle. I can buy a wired keyboard model?

thx

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Grimmjow wrote:
Helder wrote:You will likely need a logitech keyboard or one of the other keyboards mentioned on the first post. The usb fix kills some keyboards from working but the wifi will work though but in order to configure it you need a supported keyboard. I can't fix this beyond telling you to get one of the mentioned keyboards.
I'm using a Apple USB keyboard. The keyboard are working are wireless? I don't have bluetooth dongle. I can buy a wired keyboard model?

thx
There is a mini wireless keyboard in that list and the rest are wired so you have options.