All in One PCB Support Thread

Frigo

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Frigo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:09 am

Hello everyone! hello Helder !

I try to build a Gameboy Zero with a Pi3, and I almost finish but I've got 3question... :?

1- For wiring the sound I find this pic on the Forum Image but where I can wire the volume wheel??

2- I recieved this analog stick Image Since few days I'm looking for the pin but I didn't find, so please someone can say to me what are the Pin?? (I mean VCC, GRND, Yaxis and Xaxis)

3- and that the AIO2.2A board I've got, Image Do I need to reprogram the board for analogstick? (I'm 100% sure) but I want to do it with an USBasp (link for buy a good one ?) and where I have to plug it? JP2?

Thank you ! :mrgreen:
(Excuse my english :oops: )

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:36 am

Yes, you need to program it for analog stick.
As for the volume wheel, you need a double layered potentiometer (5pins) to adjust both L+R sound channels at the same time, you can use a 3 pin potentiometer but then you have to change the config.txt to mono sound. i think all your answers can be found in aio support thread first post. http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1185

Good luck
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

Marty33

Post by Marty33 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 am

Same question.

I have potentiometer wheel (5 pins), already placed in my case.

But if i solder the PI3 on AIO, where go my Wheel sound ?

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:46 am

Marty33 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 am
Same question.

I have potentiometer wheel (5 pins), already placed in my case.

But if i solder the PI3 on AIO, where go my Wheel sound ?
Between the wires coming from the pi3 audio to the aio, the pot will have 2 pins for in (from the pi) and 2 for out (to the aio) last pin on the pot is ground

Marty33

Post by Marty33 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:12 pm

It's that ?

I found this :

Frigo

Post by Frigo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:35 am

I try the Marty33´s diagram, and the sound are not good... I don't know how to do.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:27 am

Helder wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 am
Horse Sally wrote:
htrd wrote:so i tried a couple of games that kinda need a 8way movement like mk/street fighter etc. cant jump forward consistently or tbh almost never , this makes this games unplayable :/ anyone got any ideas to fix this ?.
I'm having the same issue with my AIO v2.0. I've be tried looking all over sudomod forums for an answer- anyone have any insight on this?
Try reprogramming the controller with a USBasp or the Arduino IDE (look in the Other Hardware subforum), also check to be sure there isn't something causing pressure on the dpad area of the board or that the silicone pads are large enough to make contact with the traces on the board.
I have the same problem with my AOI v2.2 ... did the reprogramming helped anyone?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:29 pm

There is also Sotasystem's controller code I edited to work with my board, it's on his Guide in the Software subforum.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1766&start=30
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:02 pm

I think the code is ok ... the question is if pressing UP+LEFT or DOWN+LEFT is supported on the AIO-Board? I'm not sure ... I have build one GBZ for a friend and he said it's imposible to play games like Street Fighter where diagonal controlls are needed. I'm not able to test right now. I have a GBZ with Kite's Board and the controlls are working without any problems ...

The kite board is also using the Arduino SA Leonardo ... so I'm not sure if I have to reprogramm the AIO 2.2 board and if this helps ...

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:05 pm

ok, I found the problem ... it's just a mechanical problem. I used two different pads (one new from Ebay and one old from an old gameboy) ... it's unbelievable but the old one is working without problems ...

So if anyone have similar problems ... try different pads first:
pads2.jpg
pads2.jpg (365.26 KiB) Viewed 10343 times