All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:23 pm

I think you're the one asking for help on the other subforums for the same help. First post your wiring and while you're at it do fresh retropie install on the SD card. If you're the person I'm thinking you are you likely messed with the config.txt, best to start fresh.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Frigo

Post by Frigo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello, my GBZ with Pi3 is almost finish! Soon I will send some pics. But before, I've got 2 problem:
1- I reprogramed the board for analog stick (work like charm) but left is right and right is left on n64.... even when I reprogram on retropie. Maybe on retroarch?
2- I´m still looking for wiring the sound. From the test pad to...?? I tried directly on rout and lout but there are static noize (a lot)
Thank Helder

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Jmags1700 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
I was wondering if someone had a wiring diagram using the aio board and cambles safe shutdown with the power boost
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&start=90

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Frigo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 pm
Hello, my GBZ with Pi3 is almost finish! Soon I will send some pics. But before, I've got 2 problem:
1- I reprogramed the board for analog stick (work like charm) but left is right and right is left on n64.... even when I reprogram on retropie. Maybe on retroarch?
2- I´m still looking for wiring the sound. From the test pad to...?? I tried directly on rout and lout but there are static noize (a lot)
Thank Helder
It was mentions elsewhere that PP25 and PP26 on the Pi3 are the audio outputs, try wiring them to the Rout and Lout and skip the potentiometer for now (The Volume Wheel) to be sure sound is coming out. If it is then you can wire the PP25 and PP26 to the 2 first pins on the Volume Wheel and follow the rest of the image install on the first post.

If there is static which there will have some since it's analog and it will pickup noise from the other parts on the build is to use shield the wires go to the audio on the AIO and Volume Wheel.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Mrbtrey

Post by Mrbtrey » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Hey Guys! Im new to this but have been following Chedda, Wermy, and Helder builds. All great stuff. I have a schematic that i took from the forums and added a usb and a power switch. Could you guys please tell me where does the ground go for the power switch and if the connections seem correct? Thanks everyone!!
Attachments
IMG_9167 copy.PNG
IMG_9167 copy.PNG (1.11 MiB) Viewed 9498 times

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:09 pm

All ground wires get tied together.

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 am

Hello Helder,
first of all, thanks for the boards, they arrived finally (Italian post system.. meh..).

I assembled the GBZ following the wiring schematics and you can find some pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/huOMb, if you need closer ones let me know

I am running into some issues.. mainly with the controls. I have delay presses, double buttons are not registered (UP+RIGHT for example) and Y acts like a turbo button.
Things I already tried:
reinstalled retropie and reconfigured (no luck)
cleaned the membranes and board with alcohol (no luck)
replaced the membranes (no luck)
re-soldered the wiring for the USB data on the pi, it looked shorted on a closer look (no luck)
what are my options here? anything else before trying to reprogram the board? :(
I'd rather buy the USPasp programmer to do it tho

Edit: are those the hw I need to reprogram it?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/182268876593
http://www.ebay.it/itm/182312827522

second.. sound has a lot of statics with the headphone jack in, from the speaker it's fine.
while trying to do a better soldering on the PWM pads I stripped them out.. so I had to wire on the resistors.
I also twisted a wire from the pi ground GPIO to the board already, but it's not that better..

I know that this first build has been poorly executed in many ways so I'll try to do better with a second, but if there's any chance to make it at least working properly.. I'll be happy
Any help is appreciated :)
Regards
Cheers! :D
drafterITA

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:13 am

drafterITA wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 am
Hello Helder,
first of all, thanks for the boards, they arrived finally (Italian post system.. meh..).

I assembled the GBZ following the wiring schematics and you can find some pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/huOMb, if you need closer ones let me know

I am running into some issues.. mainly with the controls. I have delay presses, double buttons are not registered (UP+RIGHT for example) and Y acts like a turbo button.
Things I already tried:
reinstalled retropie and reconfigured (no luck)
cleaned the membranes and board with alcohol (no luck)
replaced the membranes (no luck)
re-soldered the wiring for the USB data on the pi, it looked shorted on a closer look (no luck)
what are my options here? anything else before trying to reprogram the board? :(
I'd rather buy the USPasp programmer to do it tho

Edit: are those the hw I need to reprogram it?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/182268876593
http://www.ebay.it/itm/182312827522

second.. sound has a lot of statics with the headphone jack in, from the speaker it's fine.
while trying to do a better soldering on the PWM pads I stripped them out.. so I had to wire on the resistors.
I also twisted a wire from the pi ground GPIO to the board already, but it's not that better..

I know that this first build has been poorly executed in many ways so I'll try to do better with a second, but if there's any chance to make it at least working properly.. I'll be happy
Any help is appreciated :)
Regards
Controller Issues can be fixed with a reprogram or better membranes (usually original ones), the first USBasp you linked to looks fine but be sure it's jumper is set to 5v.

The sound having static is because of lack of shielding, you need to keep any power wires and data wires away from the amp and volume wheel wires. Try wrapping an extra wire around the Volume Wheel wires and PWM wires then solder each end of this wire to a GND, one on the Pi the other on the AIO to help clean the sound up.

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 am

Helder wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:13 am
Controller Issues can be fixed with a reprogram or better membranes (usually original ones), the first USBasp you linked to looks fine but be sure it's jumper is set to 5v.

The sound having static is because of lack of shielding, you need to keep any power wires and data wires away from the amp and volume wheel wires. Try wrapping an extra wire around the Volume Wheel wires and PWM wires then solder each end of this wire to a GND, one on the Pi the other on the AIO to help clean the sound up.
Shielding also the pot wires did the trick thanks :)
So I'll get this usbasp programmer and the adapter and try to reprogram the board, thanks Helder
Cheers! :D
drafterITA

scbailey94

Post by scbailey94 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi Helder, I'm having some issues with my audio - I have added the text line to the confit.txt file but still no sound. Here's a pic of a message that appears before I play a ROM, also my wiring for my volume wheel. When I plug headphones into the 3.5 jack I get a static sound playing. Any help much appreciated :)
Attachments
IMG_5002.JPG
IMG_5002.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 9452 times
IMG_5001.JPG
IMG_5001.JPG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 9452 times
Check out my Instagram www.instagram.com/sb.retromods/ to see more of my Game Boy Zero builds :D