All in One PCB Support Thread

onesojourner

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by onesojourner » Mon May 01, 2017 8:21 am

Helder wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:16 pm
USB stick is very spotty so some work and most don't. Read the first post for info on getting wifi to work, basically when you put the cmdline.txt and config.txt edits in place most keyboards don't work with usb1.1 but there is a list of the ones that do on the first post.

Using a working keyboard you can edit the wifi settings and transfer files that way if the usb stick isn't working.

I have replaced both files with the files you have in the first post.

I have tried a very old usb keyboard. I assume that the older the better when it comes to working with usb 1.1? I have also tried a newer dell and a wireless logitech I am not sure the model.

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Mon May 01, 2017 8:24 am

Mike-Zulu wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 am
ok for all who stuck at the same point: I used a Linux Live CD (like Knoppix) and copied the roms to the mounted retropie image (USB Card Reader). Now it works ;D

only the sound is very low but the wheel is on full power

According to the diagram you have your sound wired up backwards.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 am

onesojourner wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:24 am
Mike-Zulu wrote:
ok for all who stuck at the same point: I used a Linux Live CD (like Knoppix) and copied the roms to the mounted retropie image (USB Card Reader). Now it works ;D

if hes using a b103, its wired correctly (some may vary)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-L ... 59126088be

the diagram is a guide.... it all depends on which potentiometer he has.... you can always double check using a multimeter

(theres a GBZ video by chedda that shows you how)

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 am
onesojourner wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:24 am
Mike-Zulu wrote:

if hes using a b103, its wired correctly (some may vary)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-L ... 59126088be

the diagram is a guide.... it all depends on which potentiometer he has.... you can always double check using a multimeter

(theres a GBZ video by chedda that shows you how)

Good info. Helder a link to this should be added to your first post.

Mike-Zulu

Post by Mike-Zulu » Mon May 01, 2017 9:40 am

Hi all, thank you very much. I had to load the original cmdline.txt. Because with the cmdline from Helder it comes this strange login screen.

After that I could go into the Sound Menu to make it louder and it worked. So my wirering is correct :) And my USB keyboard is working fine too. The only thing that does not work is the WIFI Dongle. But with the Linux CD I can copy the roms. Not so cool as displayed here but better then nothing :D

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 am

Mike-Zulu wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:40 am
Hi all, thank you very much. I had to load the original cmdline.txt. Because with the cmdline from Helder it comes this strange login screen.

After that I could go into the Sound Menu to make it louder and it worked. So my wirering is correct :) And my USB keyboard is working fine too. The only thing that does not work is the WIFI Dongle. But with the Linux CD I can copy the roms. Not so cool as displayed here but better then nothing :D
I am glad that evry thing workt. Also if u use the new zero that wil work for sure. Greets
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Mon May 01, 2017 10:05 am

Is it typical for only the Dpad to work when I am not in the UI? If I try to mess with any of the retropie configs I cannot commit any changes because only the dpad works.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon May 01, 2017 11:50 am

onesojourner wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:05 am
Is it typical for only the Dpad to work when I am not in the UI? If I try to mess with any of the retropie configs I cannot commit any changes because only the dpad works.
i personally found that a keyboard works best when in setup or config

even though my other retropie setup (stand alone pi to a tv) which i have a xbox 360 fight pad connected to allows me full usage in setup and config menues...

just connect a keyboard for now, your not going to be going in and out of setup/config once everything is done (your gonna need a keyboard for some things like wifi pass keys anyway)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon May 01, 2017 11:59 am

You need to use a keyboard for those screens unfortunately unless you use the keyboard hex to reprogram the board so it acts like a keyboard instead of a gaming pad.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Mon May 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Helder wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 11:59 am
You need to use a keyboard for those screens unfortunately unless you use the keyboard hex to reprogram the board so it acts like a keyboard instead of a gaming pad.
IS it weird that the dpad works fine though?

I am having no luck getting any USB items to work. The only think I have not tried it the little bit of solder between the 2 pins on the usb port on the pi.