All in One PCB Support Thread

SidSilver

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by SidSilver » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:48 pm

If it's due to noise, can't we had a filter like the one @prerunnerseth added to it's sdcard pcb ?
We can also add a grounded aluminium shield over the board ?

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:49 am

So after trying the twisted wires and still not being able to get wifi to work was able to get a working solution. I added "dwc_otg.speed=1" to cmdline.txt and was able to see network and connect. This will slow usb to usb 1 standard but is fast enough for my needs. Hopefully this can work for others who are still having issues after twisting wires.

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:01 am

SidSilver wrote:If it's due to noise, can't we had a filter like the one @prerunnerseth added to it's sdcard pcb ?
We can also add a grounded aluminium shield over the board ?
USB is a bit different than uSD. its a differential serial communication. If twisting the pair doesnt solve your issues then use a shielded cable. with the shield grounded on either end.

dwark

Post by dwark » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:00 pm

hueblo wrote:
dwark wrote:i just purchased an all in one board, and i was wondering if i still need the Adafruit Mono 2.5W Class D Audio Amplifier - PAM8302, im pretty sure you dont need one but i just wanted clarification
You do not need it.
ok thank you

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:13 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:So after trying the twisted wires and still not being able to get wifi to work was able to get a working solution. I added "dwc_otg.speed=1" to cmdline.txt and was able to see network and connect. This will slow usb to usb 1 standard but is fast enough for my needs. Hopefully this can work for others who are still having issues after twisting wires.
I think it might have fixed the wifi issue! I applied the fix and instead of the wifi led just staying on solid it actually started to flicker. I was able to navigate to the wireless settings to try and detect the wireless signal but now the keyboard will not react =(. I removed the fix and booted again and the keyboard still would not work. The only way to get it to work again is to apply the retropie image again. Going to try and look for a fix for the keyboard haha. Anyone else getting this same issue?

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:11 am

hueblo wrote:
HoolyHoo wrote:So after trying the twisted wires and still not being able to get wifi to work was able to get a working solution. I added "dwc_otg.speed=1" to cmdline.txt and was able to see network and connect. This will slow usb to usb 1 standard but is fast enough for my needs. Hopefully this can work for others who are still having issues after twisting wires.
I think it might have fixed the wifi issue! I applied the fix and instead of the wifi led just staying on solid it actually started to flicker. I was able to navigate to the wireless settings to try and detect the wireless signal but now the keyboard will not react =(. I removed the fix and booted again and the keyboard still would not work. The only way to get it to work again is to apply the retropie image again. Going to try and look for a fix for the keyboard haha. Anyone else getting this same issue?
Did you try again the fix with the new image and see if keyboard worked? Maybe also try another keyboard. If your keyboard was working it should have reverted back.

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:08 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
hueblo wrote:
Did you try again the fix with the new image and see if keyboard worked? Maybe also try another keyboard. If your keyboard was working it should have reverted back.
I did try to fix with a fresh image, same thing happens. I was also running Retropie 4 after the upgrade. I do not have another keyboard, I doubt its the keyboard it's self is the issue but that is possible. So has anyone tried the fix yet and it allowed them to use wifi and their keyboard?

Popcorn
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Popcorn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:41 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
SidSilver wrote:
HoolyHoo wrote:
Using Raspian with Retropie.
You should try Recalbox.
Can you run @popcorn shutdown script with recalbox?
Yes, [mention]SidSilver[/mention] did all the hard work. Apparently you need the latest Recalbox 4.1 (I think) because previous versions don't have omxplayer which is used for the warning video overlays.

Check out these instructions:

http://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 9382#p9382

SidSilver

Post by SidSilver » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:17 am

Actualy Recalbox 4.1 is not released yet. But it will work without the videos.

scionsamurai

Post by scionsamurai » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 pm

I have my aio wired in with just USB and I have 2 female USB ports wired to the hub. A keyboard will work through the USB ports, but the buttons aren't registering input. I don't have retropi at the moment though, I'm doing all my testing with xbmc until the weekend when I can download retropi. I'm a newbie with this stuff, any help is appreciated.
Almost forgot to mention usb flash drives aren't registering either