All in One PCB Support Thread

Grimmjow

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Grimmjow » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:47 am

@Helder, now I have working USB hub with ur fixes using https://www.amazon.es/inalámbrico-inoxi ... ywords=rii keyboard.

U can add to the 1rst Post.

But now, I have another issue... when I'm playing around 2 mins more or less, the controllers stop working but the game continues, so if I plug a usb gamepad I can continue playing. What can I do?

Thx for your support.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Grimmjow wrote:@Helder, now I have working USB hub with ur fixes using https://www.amazon.es/inalámbrico-inoxi ... ywords=rii keyboard.

U can add to the 1rst Post.

But now, I have another issue... when I'm playing around 2 mins more or less, the controllers stop working but the game continues, so if I plug a usb gamepad I can continue playing. What can I do?

Thx for your support.
Not sure what can be done, if you have the roms and everything else on the Pi try removing the USB fix to see if that helps with this issue.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Jdtreats

Post by Jdtreats » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:35 am

Hello all, so I have been battling getting the USB working on my GBZ for a week now. It originally fired up fine and allowed me to program the gamepad prior to me adding the tactile switches and external USB. Once I added the external USB everything went to sh!t. After much trial and error, I am now in a position where the AIO is not recognized by windows (device descriptor error) when going directly into the AIO main USB port from windows (via stripped cable).

Would it seem that my only option now is to reprogram the AIO using this procedure? http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1176

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:42 am

That can be 2 things I can think of.
1. You have the data lines reversed (and didn't twist them).

2. It might reprogramming.

Does the hub show up fine? The Atmega32U4 is hardwired into the hub so if the Atmega32U4 somehow lost it's programming it would still show the hub in windows.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Jdtreats

Post by Jdtreats » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:47 am

Im using a stock USB cable with the end cut so the green and whites are twisted internally. I have tried the wires both ways (after seeing a post by you recommending to switch green and white?)...

I think the hub is being recognized Windows.... before and after shots plugging in cable...Yellow is additions.

Jdtreats

Post by Jdtreats » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:01 am

Thanks for the reply BTW.

kylewismith

Post by kylewismith » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:56 pm

kylewismith wrote:
caste wrote:
kylewismith wrote:I'm at a loss retropie doesn't recognise the board. I have reprogrammed it so I know it's not that and its connecting to my pc. I have 5v at the board and it wired directly to the power boost can't find any shorts does anyone have any ideas
Are you also powering the Pi with the powerboost? I figured out tonight after a bit of frustration and trial and error that the board and Pi need power originating at the same source. I had the Pi plugged into a wall charger and the board hooked up to the powerboost and it wouldn't see it. I could only get it recognized by powering it from the Pi itself or powering the Pi from the powerboost as well.
I have tried with everything wired to a power strip from the pb and directly to the pb
Here is a pic it's been a while as I have kind of lost heart with this
Attachments
20161030_185000.jpg
20161030_185000.jpg (3.86 MiB) Viewed 8934 times
20161030_185124.jpg
Hope that's clear enough
20161030_185124.jpg (3.37 MiB) Viewed 8934 times

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:13 pm

@helder: So my board is all wired and i go to configure it in retropie. External usb works with targus hub, asus keyboard plugged in and works, and every button registers on the AIO except for START. Confirmed that the board is seated correctly. (speaker doesn't raise it up enough to not make contact) Tried cleaning it with alcohol and still nothing. The traces are too far in to have dremeled it off right? What should I do?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:12 pm

Ganreizu wrote:@helder: So my board is all wired and i go to configure it in retropie. External usb works with targus hub, asus keyboard plugged in and works, and every button registers on the AIO except for START. Confirmed that the board is seated correctly. (speaker doesn't raise it up enough to not make contact) Tried cleaning it with alcohol and still nothing. The traces are too far in to have dremeled it off right? What should I do?
If you reprogrammed it properly check the trace of the start to the atmega, if it has continuity then maybe reflow that pin with the iron. Here is the image of the trace in yellow.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:26 pm

Helder wrote: If you reprogrammed it properly check the trace of the start to the atmega, if it has continuity then maybe reflow that pin with the iron. Here is the image of the trace in yellow.
Hmm I checked for continuity and i think it reads correct though I don't know much about multimetering. I flashed the chip again to be sure and no change. :/