hueblo

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by hueblo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:57 pm

definitely try it with retropie first.

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Having a new/old issue.

Issue: AIO random button presses after audio is hooked up, unable to verify if audio works because of it.

Audio is hooked up using dmg audio jack and following a34k's AIO dmg diagram. It also introduces an old issue I'm having with the internal usb hub to an external usb hub. Both wifi usb and AIO are hooked up to the external usb hub, when audio is hooked up the usb wifi led just stays on but it's no longer detected by retropie. Also the AIO intermittently does not get detected. As soon as audio is disconnected wifi usb(on external usb hub) and AIO work with no problem. Also added the code below to config.txt. Is my wiring correct?

Code: Select all

dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Try to reprogram the board without the Analog stick to be sure that isn't the problem for the sporadic movements. Also how are you powering the Pi and AIO and other usb hub?I don't see where the wires are going so just wondering if that could be the issue also. The wiring on the headphone I can't verify but a simple test is to just solder the Switch Pad and Left Pad to the speaker.

@Popcorn said that pot1 goes to pot4 and pot2 goes to pot3, so maybe skipping the pot and using some jumper wires from those points for audio testing.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:44 pm

@helder

I hooked it up just like you indicated. I installed the custom boot up Gameboy Zero splashscreen which has audio right at start up so I can tell right away if audio is working. I'm able to get audio (its very distorted I can't wait to install the beads) the only problem is it still introduces the random button press issue. I disconnected the speaker alone issue still persisted. I reconnected the speaker but disconnected all the pots and it still had the random button presses. If I disconnect both the random button presses stop. I'm starting to think my board can't handle the cross talk. The only other test to try are to program the board not to use the Analog stick (which I do not want to do since I already carved up my GB for it) and try a shielded usb cable right?

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:04 pm

@hueblo I can tell you that shielding the usb cables did not fix my usb issues. I used really good shielded cables but no go. The usb works with my keyboard but still have issues with wifi dongle. At least everything else is running good on mine.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:37 pm

hueblo wrote:@helder

I hooked it up just like you indicated. I installed the custom boot up Gameboy Zero splashscreen which has audio right at start up so I can tell right away if audio is working. I'm able to get audio (its very distorted I can't wait to install the beads) the only problem is it still introduces the random button press issue. I disconnected the speaker alone issue still persisted. I reconnected the speaker but disconnected all the pots and it still had the random button presses. If I disconnect both the random button presses stop. I'm starting to think my board can't handle the cross talk. The only other test to try are to program the board not to use the Analog stick (which I do not want to do since I already carved up my GB for it) and try a shielded usb cable right?
Try with just the regular controller code and no analog to see if that helps, if it does maybe we can get some new code for you to try. @wermy will likely help with this since the analog code was his but there seems to be a few other alternatives floating around on the forums.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

o-prime

Post by o-prime » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:57 pm

I have this random joystick movements. First i connected a PSP Thumpstick and i had the random movements issue. Than i programmed the board with the ne no analog code and grounded the x and y axis but the movements are still there.
It's very frustrating.
Hope to fix this problem with some help from this thread.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:11 pm

o-prime wrote:I have this random joystick movements. First i connected a PSP Thumpstick and i had the random movements issue. Than i programmed the board with the ne no analog code and grounded the x and y axis but the movements are still there.
It's very frustrating.
Hope to fix this problem with some help from this thread.
I posted some new code in the programming threads today to fix some issues, but you don't need to ground any of the analog solder holes if you reprogram the Arduino without the no analog sketches.

http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3&start=10

kylewismith

Post by kylewismith » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:16 am

I'm at a loss retropie doesn't recognise the board. I have reprogrammed it so I know it's not that and its connecting to my pc. I have 5v at the board and it wired directly to the power boost can't find any shorts does anyone have any ideas

PotaTox

Post by PotaTox » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:47 am

kylewismith wrote:I'm at a loss retropie doesn't recognise the board. I have reprogrammed it so I know it's not that and its connecting to my pc. I have 5v at the board and it wired directly to the power boost can't find any shorts does anyone have any ideas
How are you connecting it to the pi?