Cant upload to Aio v2.2

BazzJay

Cant upload to Aio v2.2

Post by BazzJay » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:56 pm

So After I managed to find how to program the board it now wont program.
The chip has come up as an Arduino Leonardo so I've selected it for both the board and com port.
After entering bootloader and it starts uploading it sits there and then says that the programmer is not responding and the programmer did not respond to command exit bootloader.
Should I be using a particular programmer?
Any ideas on how I can get the upload to complete would be much appreciated!

avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Cant upload to Aio v2.2

Post by Helder » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 am

Use usbasp programmer as I have shown in the guide in the Guides subforum. It should show up as an Atmega32u4 not a Leonardo which is what it shows if you use the Arduino IDE which there is a guide in the same subforum.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

endergx

Post by endergx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am

i bought one of the retro gaming now boards and the controls (and USB port) aren’t recognized by emu station. wiring is good, reinstalled retropie image, still nothing. do i need to program the board with my usbasp?

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:03 am

endergx wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am
i bought one of the retro gaming now boards and the controls (and USB port) aren’t recognized by emu station. wiring is good, reinstalled retropie image, still nothing. do i need to program the board with my usbasp?
can you show how you've wired it up....

if you just wired the USB data wires (white D- & green D+)
and are not also supplying any power to the board, then it wont be recognized....

its best to show what you've actually done....

endergx

Post by endergx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:14 am

hey veteran, here's a couple photos. everything is wired exactly like the diagram shows. let me know if i'm missing something obvious.
IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_1135.jpg (665.76 KiB) Viewed 10026 times
IMG_1134.jpg
IMG_1134.jpg (602.7 KiB) Viewed 10026 times

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:36 pm

endergx wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:14 am
hey veteran, here's a couple photos. everything is wired exactly like the diagram shows. let me know if i'm missing something obvious.
you wiring doesnt look that bad (actually looks pretty decent)....

also the board doesnt need programming, it should work as is.....

i would recommend to have the wiring of the data leads twisted like this (it might help)....

also i personally dont think/feel that heavy gauge wires are really needed for the data connections, especially if you intend to twist them....
you can strip a decent USB cable and used the wires from that (and they should normally be easier to twist, and stay twisted)....

did you actually test everything (especially the AIO) before you started to glue everything in....

also this is something that Helder can anwser.....
the Hub chip looks like its been modified/replaced (not 100% certain on this).....
maybe a reflow of the hub chip might be needed (again, id get confirmation from Helder on this)

but try the twisted data wires first, that might help......

endergx

Post by endergx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm

thanks i’ll give that a shot.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 am

I know it's my board but since I'm not selling any at this time but RetroGamingNow sells them he is the one to contact with any issues.

Have you tried hooking this up to a PC to see if it's recognized? The usb is supposed to have that little board and bridged pins in order to work properly so don't mess with that.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.