[GUIDE] 3.5 inch HDMI Display - high energy usage

Resolved Game Boy Zero issues go here. Search this section first before creating a new support thread!
ZeroBOYmod

Re: [GUIDE] 3.5 inch HDMI Display - high energy usage

Post by ZeroBOYmod » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:25 am

was offtopic, deleted
Last edited by ZeroBOYmod on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:36 am

ZeroBOYmod wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:25 am
oooh, I've seen it coming!
Are you serious? Again? Here?
I'm sorry, I'm not going to your false accusations here or for the umpteenth time

The fact that you are whining around here in public (AGAIN), offtopic in a technical thread, about unquestioned and baseless things and false allegations makes things a bit ridiculous, believe me. If you want to keep on taunting me, no problem - I stand over it.
The only thing is that basically it says more about you as a person than about me :)

Stay on topic, stop your "one-man-show" and please FINALY get over it :)
Thank you - and if you wanna still discuss things, you can always send me a PN (...and I will ignore it :D )
there no need to send you a message...
i kinda expected this from you.....

thats cool.... (again i have no hard feelings towards you)....

welcome back to the Sudomod community

ZeroBOYmod

Post by ZeroBOYmod » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:30 am

salami738 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 am
Hi, please check my previous posts too. The mod is also usable for the MPI3508 display. You can use my description and pictures, if you include a link to this forum or my nickname.
Hey :)
Awesome - if I could quote your knowledge about the MPI3508 , that would be a very nice move from you.
Of course with Credits / Link (like everything on zeroboy.eu)

Of course you are also invited to share your general knowledge if you want - we are currently working on a really extensive RTFM around ZeroBOY / Gameboy Zero, which explains almost all things "step-by-step" and of course will be available free of charge (rtfm.zeroboy.eu - but there is still a lot details missing + the translation)

1emerson1

Post by 1emerson1 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:56 pm

ZeroBOYmod wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 pm
There is also a diagram on the new RTFM (should be finished the next month and translated until August) section, which illustrates the "power-saving mode". I have attached a picture

description from one of our members, you know him here with the name floppes:
"We usually supply the display with 5V. The display shows inefficient linear regulators to produce 3.3V and 1.8V. You can remove the voltage regulator and pick up the required voltages directly on the Pi. In my test setup, I was able to reduce the consumption of the display from 1.955 W to 0.95 W. This extends the battery life and reduces the heat in the case. The only downside is just two more cables from the Pi to the display. The 5V to the display will continue to be needed for the soud."
IMPORTANT: The 3 linear regulators (red marking with inscription "REMOVE") must be removed, otherwise there will be nasty short circuit!
Awesome! I'm using a RP3 so where can I find a 1.8V output on my board?
"Since I was 15 I've felt kinda like... an old man" - M. Cera

salami738

Post by salami738 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 pm

1emerson1 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:56 pm
ZeroBOYmod wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 pm
There is also a diagram on the new RTFM (should be finished the next month and translated until August) section, which illustrates the "power-saving mode". I have attached a picture

description from one of our members, you know him here with the name floppes:
"We usually supply the display with 5V. The display shows inefficient linear regulators to produce 3.3V and 1.8V. You can remove the voltage regulator and pick up the required voltages directly on the Pi. In my test setup, I was able to reduce the consumption of the display from 1.955 W to 0.95 W. This extends the battery life and reduces the heat in the case. The only downside is just two more cables from the Pi to the display. The 5V to the display will continue to be needed for the soud."
IMPORTANT: The 3 linear regulators (red marking with inscription "REMOVE") must be removed, otherwise there will be nasty short circuit!
Awesome! I'm using a RP3 so where can I find a 1.8V output on my board?
Hi,
according to the list on: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 13#p628505,
it has to be PP9 1V8 and PP8 3V3.

But this can be outdated documentation, so please check with a multimeter between PP9 and GND, if this is a stable 1,8V and between PP8 and GND - stable 3,3V - BEFORE connecting the display. If you are unsure, ask me or other members before burning your board, we will help you.