What parts could we make?

Need help with or have a question about your 3d printer? Ask it here!
Fleder

Re: What parts could we make?

Post by Fleder » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:35 am

wermy wrote:Also, for the situation this is solving for (extra large LCD driver board) how much height is added? I'm wondering if I could make a bracket that has shorter screw posts and some fins on either side that slide down between the board and the case, if that makes sense.
Mine is about 1mm shorter than the front case in which it goes.
I can measure, but i think i am the only one using this kind of LCD, so i guess the eBay one would be better to measure.

ANARCHY

Post by ANARCHY » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:23 am

What i really want, is an extended GB case, like what you get with the stereo expansion attached to it, but then make that the basic one, and add a phone jack in the bottom for headphones or externel speakers, delete the single speaker.
This gives you better (hopefully) sound, and a lot more room inside to stuff away all your tech.
There is a great 7 port USB Hub just made for the Zero.
So, you could have a lot more attached as standard:
WiFi
Bluetooth
Wireless XBOX360 controller receiver
Wireless keybaord/mouse receiver
USB->Ethernet
And still have 2 left to put on the side, for you never know, wired keyboard/mouse if something goes wrong or they're out of juice, don't have to wait for recharge, or may it ever happen, a link system thing, or whatever you want.
But, that may be a pricey undertaking ? It's certainly doable.

Pete Halloumi

Post by Pete Halloumi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:59 am

I would really like a custom printed backside for the original DMG front. This custom printed back would be as slim as possible to fit Kite's new all in one (once it's done) and a raspberry pi zero and a slim battery :) Maybe even ditching the usb port of the backboard to make it as slim as possible...

Kite's all in one: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=100

Some sort of Gameboy Slim Edition :)

JLuke

Post by JLuke » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:57 am

Thinking how how to add onto wermy's screw bracket. Would be compatible with the small blue board amazon back up camera. Just something with small dividers and spacers to hold the screen driver board in place and help position the rp0 in place a bit more securely.

Kalen

Post by Kalen » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:46 pm

JLuke wrote:Thinking how how to add onto wermy's screw bracket. Would be compatible with the small blue board amazon back up camera. Just something with small dividers and spacers to hold the screen driver board in place and help position the rp0 in place a bit more securely.

I found this the other day and it does exactly what you're asking for https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1724129

lukelex

Post by lukelex » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:53 am

@ANARCHY you could always get a Handy Boy installed to get better audio :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_ ... #Handy_Boy

smithincanton

Post by smithincanton » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:58 am

skrapps914 wrote:would be awesome if we could get files to print out this case and actually make this gameboy
Adafurit just put out a Super Game Pi that uses a 5" HDMI screen that looks like that giant gameboy. Doesn't LOOK as nice but would be awesome for playing snes games.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:39 am

smithincanton wrote:Doesn't LOOK as nice
Eeesh. Can say that again. :/

DeltaShadow

Post by DeltaShadow » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:00 am

Would love to see something like this http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=924 though the topic has been inactive for a while those would be amazing to add to my black V2 GBZ that I have been working on. If i could get this and have it 3d printed black would be awesome!

Especially the final version on page 3!

CaptainDurden

Post by CaptainDurden » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm

i would love to see a solid button well piece with the same spacing between the buttons as the front buttons have and a slot underneath to slide in a kitsch easy 2 button pcb.

that way you could add a set of buttons wherever on the case you feel like drilling holes into, I'd use it to put 2 sets of shoulder buttons in the battery lid
Helder wrote:People spend so much time in asking questions and no time looking for an answer that is available.