3D Printing: Back Button Assembly with Fan Vent

Need help with or have a question about your 3d printer? Ask it here!
ana11

Re: 3D Printing: Back Button Assembly with Fan Vent

Post by ana11 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:08 am

chiz wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:52 pm
As some of you know, I'm currently in search of a solution for cooling down my GB Pi2. Also, as I'm testing the re-used shoulder buttons in the back of my GB Pi2, I feel that it could still be improved, particularly ergonomics.

Combining the a solution for the two (2) needs, I came up with this -- back new cheap printing Brisbane assembly with vent. This assembly will allow additional 4 buttons in the back in a slanted position for better ergonomics plus a vent for a cooling fan. This should require minimal modding in the case to bore a hole for the fan and 1 to 2 small holes for the wires to connect to the buttons.

The Pi Zero might not need the cooling but one can still get benefit from the slanted back buttons

Hello,
Thank you for the information.

inches

Post by inches » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:15 am

I'm not seeing any pictures or links in the posts here. Have they all been removed?
Your next build should include a Compute Module 3! Sign-up to be notified about the CeMu Partner Pre-Order:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3148

My Compute Module 3 build [Update 1-5] http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3003

My Compute Module 3 build [Update 6+] http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 00&p=33219

My guide to Soldering kits http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3024

ICMF

Post by ICMF » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:24 am

Photobucket has changed their terms of service. You can now only display images on 3rd party websites (ie. embed them in forum threads) if you pay a $400/yr subscription. If you pay $100 you can't embed images but you can post text links. If you pay $60/yr, you can't embed images or post text links (so... money well spent, then. :roll: ).

Basically, the OP needs to either upload the pics elsewhere and edit his posts, or we've all got to wait for Photobucket to come to their senses and *not* kill their business.

mrdude42

Post by mrdude42 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:36 pm

ICMF wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:24 am
Photobucket has changed their terms of service. You can now only display images on 3rd party websites (ie. embed them in forum threads) if you pay a $400/yr subscription. If you pay $100 you can't embed images but you can post text links. If you pay $60/yr, you can't embed images or post text links (so... money well spent, then. :roll: ).

Basically, the OP needs to either upload the pics elsewhere and edit his posts, or we've all got to wait for Photobucket to come to their senses and *not* kill their business.
I’ve been using a free account at imgur for images in my posts.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:15 pm

I've fixed the first few images the rest have been completely removed from his album and replaced by that image above.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Marijom

3D Printing Back Button Assembly with Fan Vent

Post by Marijom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Yes it could be the fan. Your object has a very thin surface directly above the raft and bed, this needs fan. You can test the fan by printing the object another time, this time with fan at 100 not auto.That way you should hear the fan always from the first layer of your object.

Killar

Post by Killar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:55 am

chiz wrote:
As some of you know, I'm currently in search of a solution for cooling down my GB Pi2. Also, as I'm testing the re-used shoulder buttons in the back of my GB Pi2, I feel that it could still be improved, particularly ergonomics.

Combining the a solution for the two (2) needs, I came up with this -- back button assembly with vent. This assembly will allow additional 4 buttons in the back in a slanted position for better ergonomics plus a vent for a cooling fan. This should require minimal modding in the case to bore a hole for the fan and 1 to 2 small holes for the wires to connect to the buttons.

The Pi Zero might not need the cooling but one can still get benefit from the slanted back buttons
This looks awsome.. It would be great with a Circuit sword CM3 in it. and keep it in all grey scale style :)
Any plans on sharing the stl files when done polishing the finished design?

hartsmooth

Post by hartsmooth » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Killar wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:55 am
chiz wrote:

Combining the a solution for the two (2) needs, I came up with this -- back button assembly with vent. This assembly will allow additional 4 buttons in the back in a slanted position for better ergonomics plus a vent for a cooling fan. This should require minimal modding in the case to bore a hole for the fan and 1 to 2 small holes for the wires to connect to the buttons.

This looks awsome.. It would be great with a Circuit sword CM3 in it. and keep it in all grey scale style :)
Unfortunately this thread was necro bumped and is from 2016. The OP hasn't posted on this site since 2016 so it's probably safe to assume that they will not return to share the STL files.

Killar

Post by Killar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:53 pm

hartsmooth wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:34 pm
Killar wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:55 am
chiz wrote:

Unfortunately this thread was necro bumped and is from 2016. The OP hasn't posted on this site since 2016 so it's probably safe to assume that they will not return to share the STL files.

oh i did not see this :oops: too bad..