Ant's Circuit Sword STL Files (joystick, shoulder button, exhaust fan cartridge)

Share your STL files, CAD design files, etc. here!
andershp

Re: Ant's Circuit Sword STL Files (joystick, shoulder button, exhaust fan cartridge)

Post by andershp » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:50 am

Had to bite off the outer part of the 3d-printed part and then it fit fine.
Board has to go on top, otherwise USB and analog volume control will be at an angle instead of parallel with the casing.
My "Bubble Bobble" Themed Bartop Arcade: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/107 ... cade-build

AntFJ

Re: Ant's Circuit Sword STL Files (joystick, shoulder button, exhaust fan cartridge)

Post by AntFJ » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:11 pm

I haven't ever seen the volume board version so I'm not sure why it didn't fit. glad you got it worked out.

For thread continuity the board normally goes over.
20181104_201147.jpg
20181104_201147.jpg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 36713 times

TeeReQs

Post by TeeReQs » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Thanks for these files! I'm building a CS right now, and using your psp joystick holder. Did you use any glue or epoxy for it, or does the board hold it in place?

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:03 pm

I would use a dab of hot glue to hold the bracket down and then use a toothpick to add epoxy to the edges. This is required for the joysticks or they could just pop out when playing
TeeReQs wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 pm
Thanks for these files! I'm building a CS right now, and using your psp joystick holder. Did you use any glue or epoxy for it, or does the board hold it in place?

JDMDingo

Post by JDMDingo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:20 am

Sorry to bump an old post but I have a question. I ordered both AntFJ’s PCB and HoolyHoo’s slim 4 button kit. I was wondering which feels better. I think this looks better for sure, but not sure how the start / select buttons feel verses round rubber buttons. Maybe I should make two Circuit Swords, =).....only if they were a bit cheaper.

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:57 am

JDMDingo wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:20 am
Sorry to bump an old post but I have a question. I ordered both AntFJ’s PCB and HoolyHoo’s slim 4 button kit. I was wondering which feels better. I think this looks better for sure, but not sure how the start / select buttons feel verses round rubber buttons. Maybe I should make two Circuit Swords, =).....only if they were a bit cheaper.
they feel exactly like the start/select buttons feel so you can turn any gameboy around and get a feel what it would be like to push one on the the back. If you are looking for a button with some feedback then don't use the start/select buttons.

gojokun

Post by gojokun » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:16 am

I am in love with these brackets. It may seem easy for some but there were a few things that left me confused. I'll start by stating the fact that I haven't yet wired this yet, but I did check it out using an op-meter. I was thinking of using just L1/R1. If you are using the four brackets the brackets are positioned reversed within the frame (Left is Right, and right is left).kindly share these pics with me over on FMWhatsApp or Yo WhatsApp Apk Latest Does this affect your decision? I don't think so since you're telling Retropie which button you would like to make use of for anything. or... it's possible to choose to use Start for L1 if you want .... But my OCD's going crazy!