640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Share your STL files, CAD design files, etc. here!
kubino
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 am
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by kubino » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:45 am

moooarcuuuus wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 am
I understand your way, and its ok. You dont have to do it. Your bracket is great as it is....

Just think over it. The holder is ideal for modularity. Just one example, a lot of thinking is still needed, how and at all: One base part (in two individual parts, frame and holes) and different attachments. Once with two buttons, two buttons and a joystick, two buttons and a trackball, two buttons in nonsquare... etc.
yes that's nice idea, but in this case would be maybe better to design some kind of locking mechanism to the parts. Meanwhile I got another idea, we need to cut to side of the case, what about cutting the top part too? in that case I could clip the bracket to case and have possibly glueless bracket :
640bracket_clip.png
640bracket_clip.png (16.08 KiB) Viewed 3853 times

smoothoperator
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by smoothoperator » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:24 am

kubino wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:45 am
moooarcuuuus wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 am
I understand your way, and its ok. You dont have to do it. Your bracket is great as it is....

Just think over it. The holder is ideal for modularity. Just one example, a lot of thinking is still needed, how and at all: One base part (in two individual parts, frame and holes) and different attachments. Once with two buttons, two buttons and a joystick, two buttons and a trackball, two buttons in nonsquare... etc.
yes that's nice idea, but in this case would be maybe better to design some kind of locking mechanism to the parts. Meanwhile I got another idea, we need to cut to side of the case, what about cutting the top part too? in that case I could clip the bracket to case and have possibly glueless bracket :

640bracket_clip.png
A glueless bracket is the "holy grail!"

User avatar
moooarcuuuus
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:28 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by moooarcuuuus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:55 pm

smoothoperator wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:48 am
moooarcuuuus wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 am
Thank you. Very good! Maybe you make a version with a PSP joystick between dpad and ABXY buttons.

You can split the model in usefull parts for printing without support. The parts can be glued.
A PSP1000 joystick model would be sweet!
PSP-Joystick.stp
(59.93 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

smoothoperator
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by smoothoperator » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:43 pm

kubino wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:45 am
moooarcuuuus wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 am
I understand your way, and its ok. You dont have to do it. Your bracket is great as it is....

Just think over it. The holder is ideal for modularity. Just one example, a lot of thinking is still needed, how and at all: One base part (in two individual parts, frame and holes) and different attachments. Once with two buttons, two buttons and a joystick, two buttons and a trackball, two buttons in nonsquare... etc.
yes that's nice idea, but in this case would be maybe better to design some kind of locking mechanism to the parts. Meanwhile I got another idea, we need to cut to side of the case, what about cutting the top part too? in that case I could clip the bracket to case and have possibly glueless bracket :

640bracket_clip.png
Will this bracket work without any modification to the screen? I realize that part of the screen would be covered, and kite is working on a solution for that, but does the case still need shaving or the edge of the screen cut up? Also could it be possible to talk to HoolyHoo about printing these and selling them to us to make it easier for guys like me to acquire one? He does a great job printing and can even include the brass inserts!

User avatar
markolomew
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:31 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by markolomew » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:11 pm

smoothoperator wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:43 pm
Also could it be possible to talk to HoolyHoo about printing these and selling them to us to make it easier for guys like me to acquire one? He does a great job printing and can even include the brass inserts!
I just spoke with hoolyhoo and he's going to take a look at it to see what he can do for us. He told me to give him a few days. So there's that to look forward to!
Check out my builds: Click Here
Free .STL files for 3DS/PSP joystick cap mashup: Click Here
Check out my store, 8bitmark.com: Click Here

kubino
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 am
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by kubino » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:33 am

smoothoperator wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:43 pm
Will this bracket work without any modification to the screen? I realize that part of the screen would be covered, and kite is working on a solution for that, but does the case still need shaving or the edge of the screen cut up? Also could it be possible to talk to HoolyHoo about printing these and selling them to us to make it easier for guys like me to acquire one? He does a great job printing and can even include the brass inserts!
I have no problem if anybody is going to print the STL for you. I can do that too in case of need, but the case still need modification (cut on the side).

But note I'll release new version of bracket soon so I suggest waiting a little bit. There is need another minor opening to have better fit with Kite's AIO.

User avatar
gilbertotron
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:07 am
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by gilbertotron » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Any more on this kubino? Is there another version of this bracket or is this the final iteration? Thanks for your hard work! 😊

kubino
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 am
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by kubino » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:13 pm

gilbertotron wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 pm
Any more on this kubino? Is there another version of this bracket or is this the final iteration? Thanks for your hard work! 😊
Sorry hadn't much time to work on this yet. But it's definitively on my todo list!

User avatar
gilbertotron
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:07 am
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by gilbertotron » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:16 pm

No worries mate, I'm definitely not putting pressure on dude. Thanks for the drawing. I'm going to PM you now about getting a case for my next build. Cheer's.

reipet
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:52 am
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: 640x480 Bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by reipet » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:05 am

moooarcuuuus wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:55 pm
smoothoperator wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:48 am
moooarcuuuus wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 am
Thank you. Very good! Maybe you make a version with a PSP joystick between dpad and ABXY buttons.

You can split the model in usefull parts for printing without support. The parts can be glued.
A PSP1000 joystick model would be sweet!
PSP-Joystick.stp
I have downloaded the model buts its empty. Can you please check?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest