[FINISHED] Tact-4 shoulder button bracket for GBZ

Share your STL files, CAD design files, etc. here!
goodBEan

Re: [WIP] Tact-4 shoulder button bracket

Post by goodBEan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:10 pm

I after fixing up my printer I was able to print out some more prototypes and For whatever reason I can't get these things in there. I think its something with the curve of the 3d shell that I have. You place them in there and they stick out at an angle.

I do know that I do not have the tools to measure the inside of this gameboy case with any accuracy. I also do not have an accurate model of the case as well.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:58 pm

You can take a look at Neolith's model here https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3729
i have used his model to check mine before printing, and my prints fits well...
You can see in my signature the 3D parts i have designed, you can pick up one and use the curve as a basis if it helps.

It's really funny that you popped out, i was having a discussion with dryja123 yesterday on discord and was wondering if this was still WIP as you didn't post for a while :D
Follow me on instagram Image

goodBEan

Post by goodBEan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:58 am

YaYa wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:58 pm
You can take a look at Neolith's model here https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3729
i have used his model to check mine before printing, and my prints fits well...
You can see in my signature the 3D parts i have designed, you can pick up one and use the curve as a basis if it helps.

It's really funny that you popped out, i was having a discussion with dryja123 yesterday on discord and was wondering if this was still WIP as you didn't post for a while :D
I have had various issues with my printer that delayed me. I essentially had to rebuild the printer bed to accept glass since the two "mouse pad" surfaces it came with gave out on me. Also troubleshooting my filament issue has put me back as well.

I have been using neolith's model but as I understand it he made some updates to it so I will have to update my files as well. I will have to look at that mode button support bracket and give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion

goodBEan

Post by goodBEan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:53 am

Thank you yaya

Going by the advice of yaya I took one of his stl files (power-switch-support.stl) and make a made a quick model to make sure to keep the curve in tact.

I threw in neoliths's back shell design and I can start to see the difference between my design and YaYa's. I just need to take a little off the sides. I am going to give it a try later. Just need to take care of other things and think of how to approach this.

I will also attach the rough curve model I made to this post.
yaya curve.stl
(6.82 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Last edited by goodBEan on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:59 am

great ! keep us updated :D

goodBEan

Post by goodBEan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:20 am

Its going to be a while before I can provide and update. I have print a large ethernet cable comb which takes a few days and have to do some Lanparty stuff (got an event in April).

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:24 am

a few days printing ? oO

goodBEan

Post by goodBEan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

YaYa wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:24 am
a few days printing ? oO
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2034564

last time I did this the outer part took a day and the inner part took a day and a half.

Since the print screwd up one hour in I decided to knock this out real quick. I made a simple test piece and it was smooth like butter. Still i will have another version ready for testing sometime this week.

goodBEan

Post by goodBEan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Well my printer decided it wasn't in the mood for large abs print jobs so I fell back on this project to at least get something done.

First off imported the newer shell and did remove some of the curve so that I did alter yaya's curved base.

I decided to approach this like I did with an older version. I plugged in the new base piece, sized it up, use remove the pieces I didn't need (places for screw holes and pillars). Then printed.

My next step was to sand and cut what couldn't fit in. this way I know what adjustments to make.

I did a quick test fit with kite's CS3 and i confirmed that everything fits.

Within the next few days I will make more adjustments.

goodBEan

Post by goodBEan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:31 pm

My last few print's have not been 100 a snug fit but recent adjustements made it damn closer.

My next version has to make some room for two sets of tact switches.

Right before I decided to finish for the day I found a bracket made by hoolyhoo, for the circuit sword switch that I have account for. Here I thought I was close to the finish line only to have 1 more lap added. Its all good.