Page 5 of 5

Re: CM3 Circuit Sword Fan Cartridge

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:21 pm
by HoolyHoo
dasfool wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:40 pm
One more question, what size screws are needed to mount the fan to the cartridge?
Honestly I don’t know. I used some from my spare screws bin. I can tell you that they are really tiny though :D

Re: CM3 Circuit Sword Fan Cartridge

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:10 pm
by dasfool
Lol ok. Would you say they are something you may repair eyeglasses with?

Re: CM3 Circuit Sword Fan Cartridge

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:38 am
by HoolyHoo
dasfool wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:10 pm
Lol ok. Would you say they are something you may repair eyeglasses with?
Yes, very close to that.

Re: CM3 Circuit Sword Fan Cartridge

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 pm
by dasfool
Your fan cartridge, fan, back button pcb and the heatsink included with Kite's Circuit Sword all fit without issue. The heatsink does touch the button pcb (I added kapton tape to the back button pcb to isolate it), but the fan doesn't go down as far so it's no problem, it doesn't touch anything.

Also, I bought this eyeglass repair kit and used the screws labled "Nose Pads Thin" from it to secure the fan to the cartridge. The screws aren't a perfect match but they worked well enough.

Re: CM3 Circuit Sword Fan Cartridge

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:00 am
by sandog
How does the button support work? Anyone have a picture showing it?

Re: CM3 Circuit Sword Fan Cartridge

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:16 pm
by MrErickson
This might be a silly question, but should the fan vent be pointed up towards the top of the cartridge? Judging from the pictures in the first post and where the screw holes are I'd say yes but we all know what happens when you assume.

Thanks!

Re: CM3 Circuit Sword Fan Cartridge

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 pm
by HoolyHoo
MrErickson wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:16 pm
This might be a silly question, but should the fan vent be pointed up towards the top of the cartridge? Judging from the pictures in the first post and where the screw holes are I'd say yes but we all know what happens when you assume.

Thanks!
Yes, these fans are blowers and I designed the cart to “pull” the hot air out rather than blowing air towards it. So to answer your question, point the fan outake towards the top of the cartridge to where the air escapes through the CM3 vent holes. It actually works quite well.

Re: CM3 Circuit Sword Fan Cartridge

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:36 pm
by MrErickson
HoolyHoo wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 pm
MrErickson wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:16 pm
This might be a silly question, but should the fan vent be pointed up towards the top of the cartridge? Judging from the pictures in the first post and where the screw holes are I'd say yes but we all know what happens when you assume.

Thanks!
Yes, these fans are blowers and I designed the cart to “pull” the hot air out rather than blowing air towards it. So to answer your question, point the fan outake towards the top of the cartridge to where the air escapes through the CM3 vent holes. It actually works quite well.
Awesome! It's how it looked but I'd rather know for sure even if it means asking a silly question. Thanks again for the awesome parts!