What 3d Printer do you have?

Looking for recommendations for a printer or printing software? Have a printer you recommend? Or one you strongly recommend *against*? Post it here!
Cdiehl1980

Re: What 3d Printer do you have?

Post by Cdiehl1980 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:00 pm

I have a creality cr-10 and a monoprice select mini.

EyesFit

Post by EyesFit » Thu May 20, 2021 1:29 am

After watching a lot of videos of people making things, I decided to buy a printer as a hobby item.

I started out making Star Wars helmets but ran out of space to store them, so no more for the time being. I've made some money printing lithophanes and other things for people. Aside from that, I go around the house looking for things that I can fix or improve with 3d printerhow. It isn't used very often these days, but when it is, it's very useful.
Last edited by EyesFit on Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoDoller

Post by TwoDoller » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:06 am

I have Ender 3 and I bought it 3 years ago. Overall, it is a good printer for beginners as its technicalities are very easy to understand. In these 3 years, I just repaired it once when its extruder have some misfunction but that wasn't a big issue. I was able to resolve it myself but this guide helped in it. I recommend you to choose its upgraded model Ender 3 pro. I hope it is even better than what I have.

DynaMight

Post by DynaMight » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:11 am

You cant go too far wrong with an Ender 3 V2. Well priced, prints well plus has a large community/following to cover any upgrades/mods you may want to do.

Software wise, Cura is very popular, personally I use PrusaSlicer. All the main big hitters will be fine and will be 95% there with the default settings. Just choose whatever you find easiest to use.

pabaca

Post by pabaca » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:20 pm

EyesFit wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:29 am
After watching a lot of videos of people making things, I decided to buy a printer as a hobby item.

I started out making Star Wars helmets but ran out of space to store them, so no more for the time being. I've made some money printing lithophanes and other things for people. Aside from that, I go around the house looking for things that I can fix or improve with check here. It isn't used very often these days, but when it is, it's very useful.
I have a sublimation printer