Buy and Sell need to inprove./

Got suggestions, feedback, praise, etc.? Post it here!
cobramike

Buy and Sell need to inprove./

Post by cobramike » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:58 am

Ok so after buying some parts here from some sketchy people. I ask Wermy to update the legal terms topic there. because now evry one can sel and do stuf. Why i am asking that is because of paypal legal terms is that the seller need to put all the info for a product in one page or topic. There for the page and topic cannot be linked to another topic or page 3 pages deep. Why i am asking Wermy to improve this. Because of legal terms and also when a seller is selling stuff and referring to 2 or 3 topics back. People can then ask for a refund much faster because of there legal terms. Sorry my Englesh is bad but i am trying to help your members here on SudoMod. Greets Mike
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

dug1967

Re: Buy and Sell need to inprove./

Post by dug1967 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:37 am

Well dang that stinks, I am disappointed to hear people have had problems buying from others on the forum. So far I have bought from three persons here and have had no problems at all, first rate people with no sketchiness.

I certainly don't know the legal aspects of PayPal but maybe I public shaming forum area should be setup to make it known to the other members who is sketchy and who is legit.

Before I bought from persons here I read all their posts and just looked for honesty and legit-ness in their activities on the forum. The one guy I didn't buy from on the forum was just weird in his limited posts on the forum and did kind of sound "sketchy" now that I think about it.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:29 am

cobramike wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:58 am
Ok so after buying some parts here from some sketchy people. I ask Wermy to update the legal terms topic there. because now evry one can sel and do stuf. Why i am asking that is because of paypal legal terms is that the seller need to put all the info for a product in one page or topic. There for the page and topic cannot be linked to another topic or page 3 pages deep. Why i am asking Wermy to improve this. Because of legal terms and also when a seller is selling stuff and referring to 2 or 3 topics back. People can then ask for a refund much faster because of there legal terms. Sorry my Englesh is bad but i am trying to help your members here on SudoMod. Greets Mike
cobramike, I don't think wermy or the Sudomod team has any obligation to change anything. wermy has an explicit sticky post stating that Sudomod is not responsible for any transaction and your are buying, selling, trading at your own risk.

With that said, if this thread is being sparked regarding your transaction for the gorilla glass screen from day: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1444

the seller was very transparent about all of the details of the item, including the dimensions in his original first post.
shday.gif
shday.gif (133.13 KiB) Viewed 42006 times
The seller should not be penalized if the buyer was ignorant by not reading all of the cleanly available information about the item being sold.

If this thread is not being sparked by this transaction than once again my response to you is buy, sell, trade at your own risk. If something doesn't seem right don't buy, sell, or trade.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:37 am

dryja123 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:29 am
cobramike wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:58 am
cobramike, I don't think wermy or the Sudomod team has any obligation to change anything. wermy has an explicit sticky post stating that Sudomod is not responsible for any transaction and your are buying, selling, trading at your own risk.

With that said, if this thread is being sparked regarding your transaction for the gorilla glass screen from day: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1444

the seller was very transparent about all of the details of the item, including the dimensions in his original first post.
shday.gif

The seller should not be penalized if the buyer was ignorant by not reading all of the cleanly available information about the item being sold.

If this thread is not being sparked by this transaction than once again my response to you is buy, sell, trade at your own risk. If something doesn't seem right don't buy, sell, or trade.

Just woow you think its day. Becuase i dont mension nothing about him and you excpect that its regarding that post. M8 its not that its about another seller here. And he was not responding here what so ever only true my refund by paypal. And paypal dit than a check on my issue and what i am saying here. I recieved my money back because of what i am saying here.

And also i am warning sellers here. Becuase i can refund my stuf if its not what he or she is selling here.

Next time read and dont asume that it was Day. lol
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:50 am

so if there's a sketchy seller on here why not let the whole community know who they are? you've obviously given them a chance to sort your issue out but having to resort to paypal for a refund means they weren't willing. as dryja123 said, it's effectively buyer beware on this community so sharing bad feedback on a seller is only beneficial to the community as a whole.
As a seller myself, I'd be mortified if someone wasn't 100% happy and sometimes mistakes do get made. I've had someone's PM get buried and as soon as he made it known I resolved the issue.

If you've given the seller a chance to respond and hasn't then the rest of us need to know.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Yep if you're having trouble with a seller, absolutely please let us know - you can send a mod a note or report the post and add a message to the post report letting us know what's up. But yeah, as others have said there's not a whole lot of structure/formality to all this and that's kind of by design: The "sudomod team" is me, and a few mods to help stamp out spam, really. If I set up a real bonafide ebay/etsy/tindie/whatever type thing that would introduce a bunch of liability concerns that frankly I don't want (in addition to possibly discouraging folks from putting their stuff out there). I feel like for the past year+ (dang! I totally missed making a 1 year anniversary post) the community has done a pretty good job at governing/policing itself. For the most part the folks on here are good people who just like to make cool stuff and share it. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Ohgodiforgotmylogin

Post by Ohgodiforgotmylogin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:37 am

I actually got conned, I thought I was buying a circuit sword kit, instead I got a cheap clone that doesn't work. And nobody will help me diagnose it. From this forum.