Remove the Project Help forum

Got suggestions, feedback, praise, etc.? Post it here!
Popcorn
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Remove the Project Help forum

Post by Popcorn » Mon May 09, 2016 2:16 pm

My own personal opinion here, but I think the Project Help forum is useless. There's no eyeballs on that forum to get any help and people with problems will always gravitate to the actual project forums that they want help on. Also, since there will be multiple projects in the future, this forum really doesn't make any sense. I think this forum should be closed. I don't mean to be a naysayer, and I totally understand the need to organize conversations, but maybe this one could be better served. Thoughts?

wermy
Site Admin

Re: Remove the Project Help forum

Post by wermy » Mon May 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Well, the idea was for that whole "Other projects" area to be non-featured projects. i.e someone making a bartop arcade machine wanting to show that off, or get help with it. The "Project Help" subforum there was intended to be specifically for people working on some random project of their own to get help and ask questions.

Does that make sense? Still disagree? I'm certainly open to rearranging the forums - it was surprisingly hard to come up with a sensible layout and I imagined there would be a few tweaks to it. :)

There does seem to be a lot of confusion over where to post stuff. Lots of GBZ-specific posts in the "Other Projects" area when they should really be in the sudomod projects area, that sort of thing.
ImageImageImageImage

Popcorn
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Popcorn » Mon May 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Apologies. Sorry, I think my post maybe came out a bit krass. Not the intention! I need to work on the niceties of quick forum posts! ;)

I think I now understand the concept behind it. Hopefully there will be more traffic there moving forward. I think people are still figuring out the flow of this new board. Myself included :D

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Mon May 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Popcorn wrote:Apologies. Sorry, I think my post maybe came out a bit krass. Not the intention! I need to work on the niceties of quick forum posts! ;)

I think I now understand the concept behind it. Hopefully there will be more traffic there moving forward. I think people are still figuring out the flow of this new board. Myself included :D
Oh no problem! I didn't read it that way.

It certainly does show that something needs to happen, whether it's better naming of subforums, or maybe stickies in each one explaining their purpose. I'll take some time and move out-of-place topics to the proper subforums too.
ImageImageImageImage