Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Show off your completed VMµ, or post your build logs here!
GamingWithJean
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by GamingWithJean » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:25 pm

YaYa wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:14 pm
Passionate hobby and thinking cost effective aren’t compatible :lol:
Not really a hobby, I just have a Raspberry pi zero covered in dust so I wanted to use it for something Portable, and I'm quite broke so I cant go and buy a DIY kit for a gbz also because I'd probably break it

But actually, do you have slightest estimated price kite? :D

GamingWithJean
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by GamingWithJean » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 am

I've been looking for a low solder needing project for s handheld retropie machine for over a year, and if your vmu is less than 50 bucks, I found a masterpiece

User avatar
kite
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 382 times
Been thanked: 2145 times
Contact:

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by kite » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:32 am

GamingWithJean wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 am
I've been looking for a low solder needing project for s handheld retropie machine for over a year, and if your vmu is less than 50 bucks, I found a masterpiece
"Low solder" may need some definition as this would require soldering the pi to it (it's not the easiest job but with prep can be), depending on my schedule I could offer soldering as a service when I have these ready!


GamingWithJean
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by GamingWithJean » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:43 am

kite wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:32 am
GamingWithJean wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 am
I've been looking for a low solder needing project for s handheld retropie machine for over a year, and if your vmu is less than 50 bucks, I found a masterpiece
"Low solder" may need some definition as this would require soldering the pi to it (it's not the easiest job but with prep can be), depending on my schedule I could offer soldering as a service when I have these ready!
How much would the solder service cost and if its too much, I have cousins how are pros at soldering. Butactually, is the pi soldering the only thing you need to solder? And you didnt answer my question of the price of the vmu kit,

GamingWithJean
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by GamingWithJean » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Lphillimore wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:06 am
Brace yourselves...the Kite VMU AIO is coming ;)
Really? Or is this.a joke?

Pizzaslayer111
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by Pizzaslayer111 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Is the Board for sale?

User avatar
dryja123
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 5:34 pm
Location: Central NJ
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 553 times

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by dryja123 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Pizzaslayer111 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 pm
Is the Board for sale?
Negative. It is currently not for sale yet.

User avatar
YaYa
Posts: 2031
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 pm
Location: brittany - France
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 835 times
Contact:

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by YaYa » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:55 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:58 pm
Pizzaslayer111 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 pm
Is the Board for sale?
Negative. It is currently not for sale yet.
You robot ? :lol:

:french-kiss:

Hecmac1
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kite's Dreamcast VMU Project - Work in Progress

Post by Hecmac1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:00 pm

it would probably be possible to mod the Dreamcast controller into a USB controller with a teensy, also adding a USB hub and USB speaker.
you could also charge the VMU, and I reckon there's enough space in the VMU to just fit in a small connector with composite out. (assuming the board doesn't already require use of the pi's video out.)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests