Wifi

Get help with your VMµ build here!
zeropoint97

Wifi

Post by zeropoint97 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:00 pm

No Wifi enabled zeros available so just installed a non WiFi version, assuming the image would just work with retro pie. Found out it needs setting up through WiFi... windows also doesn't like the pi's file system. Lesson learned.

I already removed the usb to make extra room. Now, I thought about tapping directly into the D, D+ pads and traced them back to the gems micro usb! OK, tried a powered hub, plugged in a WiFi adapter. A keyboard works great.... But constantly tells me that there is no WiFi device when trying to access wifi. I've tried through the WiFi settings, also trying to enable it in the menu when you power off as well as setting up a wpa_supplicant.conf.
Doesn't matter if I try it directly plugged in with OTG to the gem - which I believe is only supplying 3.3v or the powered hub, which is supplying the required voltage. The usb WiFi is the one I use in my mister, which works great so I know that's not faulty. Maybe a compatibility issue?

Not sure what else to try without desoldering the gem which I'd rather avoid.

Anyway to configure retropie and move roms through a pc/micro sd directly? Or even a way I can connect online through the pc Internet while connected to the gem?

Any help would be really appreciated as the best step is desoldering! Thanks!

zeropoint97

Re: Wifi

Post by zeropoint97 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:44 am

After all that, turns out the WiFi adapter was the problem. Bought a new one hoping it was compatible and got lucky. WiFi restored!