Need help setting up wifi/adding roms

Get help with your VMµ build here!
tengukazoo

Need help setting up wifi/adding roms

Post by tengukazoo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Hello, I recently bought a circuit gem from someone else that had roms and everything already set up. Couldn't get wifi setup to add some more roms that were missing. When I inserted the SD card, it needed to be reformatted and had to delete everything. I have the circuit gem software flashed on the SD card now, but still can't get wifi to work. When I try to add the wpa supplicant config txt, it doesn't seem to do anything.

I know very little about computers-- can someone help walk me through the process of setting up wifi (is it necessary to add roms, or can I add roms without wifi?)

Any help would be appreciated, and I'd gladly paypal anyone who can get me all set up

EDIT: was just told this is a non W pi zero- currently in process of using a USB stick to try to add roms
Last edited by tengukazoo on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeropoint97

Re: Need help setting up wifi/adding roms

Post by zeropoint97 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 am

tengukazoo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:53 pm
Hello, I recently bought a circuit gem from someone else that had roms and everything already set up. Couldn't get wifi setup to add some more roms that were missing. When I inserted the SD card, it needed to be reformatted and had to delete everything. I have the circuit gem software flashed on the SD card now, but still can't get wifi to work. When I try to add the wpa supplicant config txt, it doesn't seem to do anything.

I know very little about computers-- can someone help walk me through the process of setting up wifi (is it necessary to add roms, or can I add roms without wifi?)

Any help would be appreciated, and I'd gladly paypal anyone who can get me all set up

EDIT: was just told this is a non W pi zero- currently in process of using a USB stick to try to add roms
Sounds like my issue. You need to use an OTG cable and WiFi adapter to get online. I was unable to find any other work around!