PocketPI FE Right Dpad button not very responsive

xybots

PocketPI FE Right Dpad button not very responsive

Post by xybots » Mon May 13, 2019 1:25 am

Hi All

this is my first build of the PocketPI FE, which is working except the Right Dpad button not very responsive when you press right, you have to press quiet hard to get a response, I have tested the rubber Dpad with out it being in the Gameboy pocket case and it seems ok. but when I put it in the case that's when the right direction seems un responsive unless I press hard.

as any one got any ideas how to correct this.

thanks

ekilla

Re: PocketPI FE Right Dpad button not very responsive

Post by ekilla » Tue May 14, 2019 4:50 am

Mine was like that at first. Since I had to open the case several times i repositioned the rubber and cleaned it and the board several times too.
I didn´t try to place the board in without the DPad and the rubber to see if the board is correct alligned underneath.

But after using it a bit, now it got way better somehow. I wiggled the dpad around a few times too. I don´t know, but now it´s way better. only a few times it didn´t reconize on first press since.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Sun May 19, 2019 1:39 am

Try cleaning the button contacts with alcohol

Bluup

Post by Bluup » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 pm

When they're first made (The PCBs) some of the exposed contacts have a slight coating on them which usually gets better and wears off with time. As Konnor said, repeated use makes it get better. If it doesn't, it can sometimes be a poor soldering joint on the Pi to the button that's not working.