Good shout, I will take a look at that. Seems like it should be something like that.. thanks for the tip. I'll try and take a look this week.
Turns out this was the issue, one of the chips had a bridged pin. I compared it with the board for sale on galaxygaming.co.uk and noticed they were different!
It's such a small area to work with, but using some solder wick I just went over it a view times with my iron until I could see (barely!!) the bridge pins were gone. Attached the battery and boom! It all booted up as it should of done.
Thanks everyone for your support and tips!
I have to say though, whilst these things can happen i'm not impressed by the level of QA that has taken place here. Testing the board is one thing, but you need to test everything together before you ship these things - I know, its not so easy when its a hobby project. But still...
That or share the circuit diagrams or similar. Anyway all good now.
Some pictures to illustrate the problem:
My board: On gg: Fixed:
- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 am
- Location: Ohio
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 38 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: HumanGuineaPig and 1 guest