Radioshack Audio Jack Wiring to All In One PCB

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
RetroGamingNow

Radioshack Audio Jack Wiring to All In One PCB

Post by RetroGamingNow » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Sorry, had the wrong diagram up before - This should correct now but feel free to chime in if im wrong.
Attachments
Radioshack Headphone Jack Wiring.jpg
Radioshack Headphone Jack Wiring.jpg (474.27 KiB) Viewed 6815 times
Last edited by RetroGamingNow on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Radioshack Audio Jack Wiring to All In One PCB

Post by Helder » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:01 pm

It works that way? Looks like the speaker will always be on as you have it.

Here are some images explaining that headphone jack and how it works:

Notice those pads with springs? they make contact with the plate in the back and the one in the lower center and once you insert the headphone jack the springs move breaking contact with the plates in the back and lower center.

See pin 1 is the Switch or the common ground
2 and 5 are for the headphones
Speaker red wire is either 3 or 4 (do not take it from the AIO Speaker+ Pad)

Since if there is no connection to the plates the speaker gets no music, remove the headphone jack and they connect again sending the music to the speaker.

Here is the back of it with color coded numbers to match:

So as you have it now I don't know how it's cutting off since the speaker is getting the signal without any interruption.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

RetroGamingNow

Post by RetroGamingNow » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:55 pm

Helder wrote:It works that way? Looks like the speaker will always be on as you have it.

Here are some images explaining that headphone jack and how it works:

Notice those pads with springs? they make contact with the plate in the back and the one in the lower center and once you insert the headphone jack the springs move breaking contact with the plates in the back and lower center.

See pin 1 is the Switch or the common ground
2 and 5 are for the headphones
Speaker red wire is either 3 or 4 (do not take it from the AIO Speaker+ Pad)

Since if there is no connection to the plates the speaker gets no music, remove the headphone jack and they connect again sending the music to the speaker.

Here is the back of it with color coded numbers to match:

So as you have it now I don't know how it's cutting off since the speaker is getting the signal without any interruption.
Damn it @Helder ! Your right! lol, I had the headphones in when testing it and never realized the speaker was still on - so what exactly do i need to change? Move what wire where to make this thing work once and for all?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Use the wiring guide by a3k4 which there is a link to it in the preorder thread's first post.

Or simply re-read the 2nd post of this thread as I explain how it should be wired.

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

RetroGamingNow

Post by RetroGamingNow » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Thanks @Helder - Ive been looking for this diagram but always find the old one. Im going to correct mine and repost it anyway for us simpler folk! haha