[GUIDE] Wiring Diagrams: all-in-one board, graceful shutdowns, audio-only board

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
a3k4

Re: [GUIDE] Wiring Diagrams: all-in-one board, graceful shutdowns, audio-only board

Post by a3k4 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:59 pm

DarrylUK wrote:I have a micro SD breakout board from another project, I was thinking of using it on in a GBZ. The pin out is different to this diagram though. I can't seem to see how it cross refers. Image here, can anyone help?

https://goo.gl/photos/tELgP8huXnoZbrdS6

Thanks
Yup that will work!

Your device: My Wire Color : Pad name on my board - Pad name on Pi
CS: Green: CS - PP19
SCK: Brown: SCLK - PP14
MOSI: Blue: DATA_IN - PP15
MISO: Grey: DATA_OUT - PP16
VCC: Orange: VDD/VCC - PP8 (3.3v)
GND: Black: GND - PP5
My wiring diagrams and schematics for Helder's boards and graceful shutdowns.

adamhun94

Re: [GUIDE] Wiring Diagrams: all-in-one board, graceful shutdowns, audio-only board

Post by adamhun94 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Ok guys, I'm a little confused.
I ordered the parts for my setup. Almost everything is the same as on the diagrams, except I'm going with
the Banggod power supply http://www.banggood.com/37V-Liion-Batte ... 28948.html
also with this USB port: http://www.banggood.com/CJMCU-Micro-USB ... 86085.html

My questions: is there a graceful shutdown for this module? Is there a diagram for this kind of setup? I really don't know if I need to order more things, or will these be enough.

I would really appreciate any help.

scionsamurai

Post by scionsamurai » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:21 pm

I was wondering if I would need the polulu if I am going to be getting one of Camble's safe shutdown switch? I appreciate the diagrams btw, nicely laid out.

a3k4

Post by a3k4 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:01 pm

scionsamurai wrote:I was wondering if I would need the polulu if I am going to be getting one of Camble's safe shutdown switch? I appreciate the diagrams btw, nicely laid out.
The Pololu isn't needed for Camble's safe shutdown.

a3k4

Post by a3k4 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:45 pm

adamhun94 wrote:Ok guys, I'm a little confused.
I ordered the parts for my setup. Almost everything is the same as on the diagrams, except I'm going with
the Banggod power supply http://www.banggood.com/37V-Liion-Batte ... 28948.html
also with this USB port: http://www.banggood.com/CJMCU-Micro-USB ... 86085.html

My questions: is there a graceful shutdown for this module? Is there a diagram for this kind of setup? I really don't know if I need to order more things, or will these be enough.

I would really appreciate any help.
Camble is working on a graceful shutdown that is compatible with the Banggood Power supply, but it's not done yet. Check out his threads for any updates.

Tonym

Post by Tonym » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:40 am

Whats the green board to the right of the emergency reset button on the diagram with the blue controller board with audio

a3k4

Post by a3k4 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:45 am

Tonym wrote:Whats the green board to the right of the emergency reset button on the diagram with the blue controller board with audio
That's a Pololu switch for @Popcorn's graceful shutdowns. That said, I would check out @Camble's version instead. I'll update my diagrams soon with his board that is currently on presale.

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:44 am

a3k4 wrote:
DarrylUK wrote:I have a micro SD breakout board from another project, I was thinking of using it on in a GBZ. The pin out is different to this diagram though. I can't seem to see how it cross refers. Image here, can anyone help?

Thanks
Yup that will work!

I've wired it up like this but the pi isn't booting. Boots when I pop the SD card in the actual pi. Is there anything that needs to be done in a config to enable booting via this external SD card reader?

Felix

Post by Felix » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:07 am

DarrylUK wrote:
a3k4 wrote:

Thanks
Yup that will work!

I've wired it up like this but the pi isn't booting. Boots when I pop the SD card in the actual pi. Is there anything that needs to be done in a config to enable booting via this external SD card reader?
@DarrylUK that's because the card reader you have is made for arduino project and not a 1to1 connections with the sd, if you want to extend the sd then you need this so that it is a 1to1 connection with all of the pads for the sd on the pi

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:04 am

I suspected so, I may just leave it to be honest. Unless there's a way of converting between the 2.

Edit, bought a direct 1:1 board, may as well.