All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:14 am

kylewismith wrote:
caste wrote:
kylewismith wrote:I'm at a loss retropie doesn't recognise the board. I have reprogrammed it so I know it's not that and its connecting to my pc. I have 5v at the board and it wired directly to the power boost can't find any shorts does anyone have any ideas
Are you also powering the Pi with the powerboost? I figured out tonight after a bit of frustration and trial and error that the board and Pi need power originating at the same source. I had the Pi plugged into a wall charger and the board hooked up to the powerboost and it wouldn't see it. I could only get it recognized by powering it from the Pi itself or powering the Pi from the powerboost as well.
I have tried with everything wired to a power strip from the pb and directly to the pb
Take pictures of your wiring setup, especially the wires from the PCB to the Pi and whatever you are using to power it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

a3k4

Post by a3k4 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Helder wrote:
adamhun94 wrote:Hello guys. Please forgive me because I'm a noob in wiring and stuff.
My display should arrive soon, so I will test it as Fleder did. When my AIO board arrive, can I test it (+ the display) this way? https://www.dropbox.com/s/04g6sz2boajx1 ... o.png?dl=0

Thank you!
That is the proper way to wire it but be sure to add PWM support to the config.txt.

There's a guide on it in the Software Guide Section.
In case anyone is looking for it: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=480
My wiring diagrams and schematics for Helder's boards and graceful shutdowns.

Boogz

Post by Boogz » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:14 pm

Are there resistors on the headphone output, or do those have to be added? I know that the ferrite beads were added to the current version, i'm just unsure if i need to solder some on.

BigOlTexasBoy

Post by BigOlTexasBoy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Boogz wrote:Are there resistors on the headphone output, or do those have to be added? I know that the ferrite beads were added to the current version, i'm just unsure if i need to solder some on.
The resistors are for connecting the L & R channels of the headphone jack to the speaker.

lookitsneil

Post by lookitsneil » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:31 am

Anyone else having issues with the AIO that went out this week? I cant seem to get the USB hub to work. The PI is picking up the buttons fine but nothing I plug into the usb ports will work. I have it wired just like the diagram.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:28 am

lookitsneil wrote:Anyone else having issues with the AIO that went out this week? I cant seem to get the USB hub to work. The PI is picking up the buttons fine but nothing I plug into the usb ports will work. I have it wired just like the diagram.
It's been mentioned a few pages back on what to do and also try to move the PWM wires away from the Hub chip (it's the one on the upper left side of the board).

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

lookitsneil

Post by lookitsneil » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Helder wrote:
lookitsneil wrote:Anyone else having issues with the AIO that went out this week? I cant seem to get the USB hub to work. The PI is picking up the buttons fine but nothing I plug into the usb ports will work. I have it wired just like the diagram.
It's been mentioned a few pages back on what to do and also try to move the PWM wires away from the Hub chip (it's the one on the upper left side of the board).
Ive tried twisting the wires, and setting the code to the USB 1.0 version. Im not using a power strip so Im wondering if thats where the issue is coming from. Im currently rewiring the whole thing to see if I made a mistake somewhere.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:44 pm

You need power to the AIO board from the powerboost or similar power supply. You can't power everything from the Pi as that can't handle the AIO itself and a screen.

lookitsneil

Post by lookitsneil » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Helder wrote:You need power to the AIO board from the powerboost or similar power supply. You can't power everything from the Pi as that can't handle the AIO itself and a screen.

right now I have everything powered from the power boost. I have the pi, the screen and the usb hub twisted together, than thats wired to the powerboost. The pictures a little ratty but maybe it will give you an idea of what Im doing. There are also data wires missing because Im rewiring the date off the AIO to the PI
Attachments
Photo Sep 11, 6 48 58 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 11, 6 48 58 PM.jpg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 8502 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:58 pm

lookitsneil wrote:
Helder wrote:You need power to the AIO board from the powerboost or similar power supply. You can't power everything from the Pi as that can't handle the AIO itself and a screen.

right now I have everything powered from the power boost. I have the pi, the screen and the usb hub twisted together, than thats wired to the powerboost. The pictures a little ratty but maybe it will give you an idea of what Im doing. There are also data wires missing because Im rewiring the date off the AIO to the PI
First off you need to add power to the port on the far right that says USB from Pi Zero as well as GND although any GND point can be used but that one on the right has filtering that is needed.

Second I don't see the D+ and D- on the far right labeled USB From Pi Zero connected to anything so of course there will be nothing working if it's not connected.