All in One PCB Support Thread

HoolyHoo

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by HoolyHoo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:39 am

Evilz wrote:ok. Gamepad works on my windows 10.

So it's mean that it's well programmed.

So the problem is between RPZ and AIO ?? Or may be Retropie ?
Did you try to plug in a usb keyboard and bind that with Retropie?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:32 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Evilz wrote:ok. Gamepad works on my windows 10.

So it's mean that it's well programmed.

So the problem is between RPZ and AIO ?? Or may be Retropie ?
Did you try to plug in a usb keyboard and bind that with Retropie?
He got it working and seems it might have been bad solder job.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Evilz

Post by Evilz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:09 pm

Yes ! Thank for your help.

I think it was kind of shortcut on RPz, since it was not working direclty using micro-USB of RPZ.

Buttons and USB hub are working nice, need to take a look of sound now.

Again THANK.

jsawhite

Post by jsawhite » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:07 pm

So, I'm not having a good day... :( While trying different things to get the board to work with wifi at usb2 speeds (yeah, I should have let good enough be good enough), I totally destroyed the trace from D+ to the usb hub chip... I think I had my soldering iron turned up too hot... In any case, I tried to scrape the trace, where it was still ok, and connect directly to there, but no avail... Seems that my usb hub section is toast (I assume that's what's bad at least). When I plug into a windows box, it comes back and says usb device not recognized. :(

Obviously, with the quick sale of the new version of the board I know that I won't be able to replace the board and start over. So here's my question... Can you tell me what pin numbers go from the USB hub to the microcontroller? Maybe I can just remove the USB chip, attach D+ and D- (plus power) directly to the micro, and use an outboard USB hub. At least that way I can still use the button controller and audio amplifier. Otherwise, I'll have to get a different just common ground board and get a teensy plus audio, which I'd rather not do... Can you tell me which pins to use on the board? Oh I have v1.4 of the AIO

I'd post pics but I'm rather embarrassed as I know how to solder, but just got in too much of a rush after soldering/desoldering too many times. sniff...

day

Post by day » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi !

So I started seriously my build and wired :

PB1000C to Power Strip
Screen to PowerStrip (and video to Pi 0)
Pi 0 to Power Strip
AIO to Power Strip and to Pi 0

twisted all the usb white/green wires from AIO.

I turn it on, it runs, get to the Welcome Screen asking me to config my stuff :
DSC_0384b.jpg
DSC_0384b.jpg (285.82 KiB) Viewed 8723 times
Turn off, plug in a usb keyboard, turn back on, screen gets all weird and glitchy (like in movies with hackers cliché), and endless reboots.
Keyboard is not detected.

And when I also have the wifi usb key with keyboard, it doesn't reboot, doesn't glitch, but nothing happens, keyboard still not detected.

Any advices ?

Thanks a lot !!
Last edited by day on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:53 pm

First post explained how to get wifi working but just solder a wire to each of the 22 ohm resistors. They are the located right above the atmega32U4 chip on the far right of the components there.

I'll post a picture soon.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

jsawhite

Post by jsawhite » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:29 am

You are a god among men!!! Thank you, thank you... That worked and I'm back in business now. whew...

And yes, I actually had the wifi working at usb 1.1 speeds as shown in the first post. I just thought I had come up with a solution to make it work at usb 2 speed (which didn't work anyway)... yeah, should have left good enough alone, but I didn't... :oops: My fault.

I will say as well how much I appreciate all your work. I certainly hope you are making enough through all of this to make it worth your while. I keep up with all the posts on both v1.4 and 2.0 boards, and the level of patience you show with all the repeats and silliness is almost saint level. I'd have thrown up my hands long ago with a nice 'screw you guys, I'm going home!' (with the Cartman finger point) statement... I can't imagine you hear it enough, but thank you for all you've done for this community. You work is very much appreciated!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:20 am

jsawhite wrote:You are a god among men!!! Thank you, thank you... That worked and I'm back in business now. whew...

And yes, I actually had the wifi working at usb 1.1 speeds as shown in the first post. I just thought I had come up with a solution to make it work at usb 2 speed (which didn't work anyway)... yeah, should have left good enough alone, but I didn't... :oops: My fault.

I will say as well how much I appreciate all your work. I certainly hope you are making enough through all of this to make it worth your while. I keep up with all the posts on both v1.4 and 2.0 boards, and the level of patience you show with all the repeats and silliness is almost saint level. I'd have thrown up my hands long ago with a nice 'screw you guys, I'm going home!' (with the Cartman finger point) statement... I can't imagine you hear it enough, but thank you for all you've done for this community. You work is very much appreciated!
Believe me it can get tough to not explode on people but I try my best to keep it cool. Here are the points for the Atmega in case you wanted to ditch the USB hub and wire directly to the Atmega.

day

Post by day » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:48 am

Helder wrote:First post explained how to get wifi working but just solder a wire to each of the 22 ohm resistors. They are the located right above the atmega32U4 chip on the far right of the components there.

I'll post a picture soon.

Hey Helder !
Sorry, was this for jsawhite or for me ?
Also, on the picture you posted, basically you mean two wires, one from the D+ and one from the D- (that are on the far right usb) ?
Why is the 5v in read ? And this will fix wifi for everyone you mean ?

Thanks !

Chedda

Post by Chedda » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:25 am

day wrote: Hey Helder !
Sorry, was this for jsawhite or for me ?
Also, on the picture you posted, basically you mean two wires, one from the D+ and one from the D- (that are on the far right usb) ?
Why is the 5v in read ? And this will fix wifi for everyone you mean ?

Thanks !
No that was not for you. the 5V shows the hot and black is ground. The diagram was to completely bypass the USB hub all together. This would render your other usb ports inoperable since they won't have the data wires going to it. Things would power but not do anything else. This diagram is for people not wanting to use the other usb ports on the board.
Builder and tinkerer